website design

Discussion in 'Full Timing' started by bigdig1333, Aug 17, 2008.

1. bigdig1333

bigdig1333 New Member

Does anyone have their own website? If so what program do you use to set it up? thanks Dave
  2. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Re: website design

Welcome to the forum, Dave. I use Dreamweaver for websites, but I also do commercial sites.

What do you want from a website? What kind of elements are you looking for?

Is it just for pictures? Discussions? Presenting information?

Do you have a domain name?

Do you have a hosting service yet? Most hosting services have simple website design templates for those that don't want to learn the details. Makes it much easier.

I've used for hosting before, but they aren't exactly for the faint of heart.

More input ....
  3. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

I use

I can build it and edit it myself.
  4. elkhartjim

elkhartjim Senior Member

I'm fortunate to be able to log onto this forum.
  5. utmtman

utmtman Senior Member

LOL Jim, I use Yahoo Geocites for my web page, figured it was easy enough for me to handle.
  6. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Y'all are smarty pants. :bleh: ;) :laugh:
  7. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Actually, most people will not follow through with a travel website. It is not all that easy to keep up with. I see a lot that only last for a couple of seasons. (Kirk and Pam are an exception!)

To make it interesting, you have to post (and picture) what you are doing all the time. You have to be committed (!) to doing it.

And you can't be overly sensitive when your own family "can't find the time" to participate in your travelog. Most won't.

Which reminds me that there is a website designed for travel postings called: MyTripJournal
  8. try2findus

try2findus Senior Member

We also use and love We also recommend as well. allows you to post more photos free of charge. We have posted the past 2 years of vacation and find both very easy to use! We really enjoy reading travel blogs. Especially the ones from here in the USA.
  9. ironart

ironart New Member

When I first got started with my website I did it myself and it really was a chore. I now have my young nephew do it for me......Young?? I guess he is in his late 20's now...
    It is awful to get Old..... Anyway, not to wonder, I use for the hosting service......I have had great luck with them and they only cost $1.00 per month ($12.00 per Year).....You can't beat that with a stick...

Good Luck
  10. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

We have had our website on our own domain (1Tree, as in Wood with no s) since we began. I have always used MS Frontpage to compose the pages but we just used mostly custom html to operate the page. Recently we reformatted our complete site and are now running the server software from Joomla.
  11. ironart

ironart New Member

Having your own Domain is the only way to go....That way you don't have all those "pup-up" advertisers trying to get your viewers attention.