I have an Onan Marquis Gold 5500 generator. The problem I have is that after it starts it will shut back off, but if I pull on the #1 Ign. wire I can get it to run continuously. I have to pull on it pretty firm putting the tension on the plug going into the control board. As soon as I release the wire the generator shuts down. Initially when I was having problems with it running I was getting a very weak spark to that cylinder and I thought that it was the magneto. I replaced it and ran great for about an hour. It then shut down and I found by accident the problem with the wire. I have replaced the wire and the control board but still have the problem. The plug appears to be making contact but I cannot confirm this since the control board is sealed. Any ideas or recommendations would sure be appreciated.