Well the on board Sat ant went bye bye

LEN

As I said above they old Sat antenna went under(well it still works in auto mode just won't get the sat I need. So with the choice of a new auto one for the roof(install would be EZ as all the wires are there and it would be EZ to pull more if needed) Or go with one of the portables. Well went with one of the portables CUBE type with it's own tripod. Had a receiver but brought home a new on just in case(as it is it will be going back) old one worked fine. Hooked up in less time than it took to get all out of the box and junk in the garbage. Took the cube maybe two minutes to find it self and off to the races. Worked great. Now I have 50' of cable with it and got an xtra 100 of power and rg6, don't know whether I'll keep these or not 50" is a long way to get out from under trees where we go. Thinking of running power to a bay and the cable so I have EZ access. OK $$$$$$$$ for the roof top was in the $1550 range and the cube was about $700, plus the tree thing so the choice was again EZ. Only down side is storing the antenna and cables(cables not a problem). So I may get/trade/make a quick detach roof mount and solve all the problems at once. OH and the signal was good and strong at the 47 degrees north where I am.

LEN

G

good and bad to hear ,, Len ,, but they do make a thingy to attach the cube to ur ladder ,, don;t know how it works in tight spots like ur's but just thought i would let u know ,, i have sat on my current MH ,, and have never used it ,, the new has 2 sat dishes ontop ,, and i am having one taken off to put in my Internet in Motion setup ,, which they will do once it gets to the dealer ,, but i prolly will never use the sat as long as i have the new one ,, since we will stay where they have cable ,, and only use the internet in motion when we have poor signals from the wifi at the CG ,, i for one have to stay connected ,, if u know what i mean :)

LEN

IF your inmotion is just for standby without WIFI just use your smart phone. My smart phone will go hot spot with security. We have used it a month at a time or more where WIFI was iffy and unless you want movies you can easily stay under most data plans. Best of all it's free. There are several app's out there but I use FOXFI.

LEN

G

well ,, Len i don;t have a smart phone ,, my is still a dumb phone ,, it has no apps or internet ,, just the basics ,, but the I net in motion is great ,, works off a air card that is free to use with my plan ,, so i can't go wrong ,, plus ,, i can use the attennas when i can't get a good wifi signal ,, to kinda boost the signal ,, but i have not found that yet ,, Pirate Land has updated their wifi ,, and they have attennas all over the place now ,, and MR ,,, well i stay close to the bath house ,, and get full signal there ,, but i do have to use my setup after 1am ,, when MR drops the signal strength down ,, but i am good to go till i hit the rack ,, and that is about 2 or 3 am :)