Well winter is over???? So we have turned North

LEN

Tomorrow we start north slowly. In Silver City NM and are headed for Petrified forest national park for a day or so then on to Chinle AZ and the canyons there. Been reading about Billie the Kid as he was born here. And Yesterday we did the Gila cliff dwellings and then today Catwalk national monument a couple nice little hikes. Do I look like I lost a pound????

LEN

akjimny

Re: Well winter is over???? So we have turned North

Where's North? I'm hoping to be heading out for Alaska on or about 1 May - - depending on how things go down here. Good luck on your trip. Drive safe.

C Nash

Did you make the climb to the dwellings Len? Worth the effort for me :) Old Billy sure got around in that part of the country. Geronimo did pretty good also>

LEN

Home is Washington state, Yes we did the dwellings and caught a tour at them then did a fast walk to the lower scorpion camp ground for a tour there also. Then bridge is washed out at about a mile from the take off point for the dwellings so that added 2 miles to the walk on paved road. Yes the Kill and Geronimo historical markers everywhere and a lot of story boards around. Some true some not. Like I learned the gun fight at the OK corral was really across the street when we did Tombstone, a lot of myth and truisms in the old west.

LEN

C Nash

Found the same thing at Tombstone Len. Now the ok gun fights will never be the same. Think the dime novels of the old west may have led to a lot of wrong information.

TexasClodhopper

Nash, you mean you've actually READ those dime novels from the old west? :clown:

C Nash

Dang, let that one slip out :laugh: Should have know Eagle Eye would catch it :laugh:

whitey

Nash; Old evil eye is always watching. :) :laugh:

Kirk

Len,
Don't get moving north too quickly as the weather gods may take offense~! We are starting our northern migration the end of the month. We don't get as far north as we usually like this year as I have a 50 yer reunion to attend in Kansas. Gotta get up there and see all those old people that I went to school with!

LEN

You know it is strange, a person goes and visits school chums and there all so old. Friends of ours RVr's between 65-70 just said the other night at a restaurant in snow bird country "just look at all these old people they must be 65 to 70" I didn't say a thing "right".
We will be into may before we get home. Next stop Chinle for Canyon De Chelly.

LEN