What is this switch for????

jack g

I have a coachman freelander, while on my throne, I noticed a switch by my right ankle. I was not able to figure out what it does. Doesn't work the fan. So far the only purpose I can figure is it's there to bother me!! Does anyone know what it's for???

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: What is this switch for????

Well it is going to bother us until you give us a better description of the switch!! What does it look like? Simple on/off? Red light? Rocker?

rjf7g

Well, in my class C bathroom, there are three switches. One powers the bathroom light (which also has an on/off switch on it), one powers the fan, and one powers the water pump. They are all rocker switches.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Becky, he said they are near his ankle, which puts the switch at the floor. I would like to know what it looks like.

LEN

These switchs were installed in the early years for women only, it's called an ATR switch. Better know as a AUTOMATIC TAMPAX REMOVER, but the male population were to curious and the insueing damage made the RV builders remove this option.

I'm sorry really
I just couldn't resist.
I have never seen a switch there on any rig.

LEN

jack g

Keith, the switch looks just like a on/off house light switch. I do thank all who have responded trying to help. Jack

jack g

Len I think it was an ATR switch unitill my research showed this was removed by the makers, you think it could be a badet switch and the pump isn't working??

TexasClodhopper

No, no, no ... you've all got it wrong. This is a FTS (Foot Tap Switch.)

The original incarnation of the Coachmen RV company had two owners; both women. (The original name was Coachwomen, but was changed for marketing purposes.)

The owners made sure that there was a FTS in there so the ladies of the RV would know when their men stayed in the bathroom too long. :clown:

CAC RV

If you have a winter kit on your RV it could be the switch for the heated tanks

buftflair

You could have the James Bond 007 model, if so, do not operate the switch as it is the ejection seat!!!!!

LEN

OK we will get serious. Have you tried the switch when plugged in to 110? Could it be a dump switch for the black water tank? Tank heater has been covered. Do you have an extra exterior 110 plug this could control?

LEN