What's it worth?

djesurun

I was considering buying a travel trailer to live in when i work out of town. Someone i work with is selling a 1998 Jayco Eagle 262. Its a 26ft bumper pull trailer. As far as i've seen its in great shape. new A/C unit, new tires, and they said all of the appliances are still under waranty so im guessing they are new as well. He is selling it for $4,500. I've never owned one before so i was wondering what the value of this particular trailer is worth. Is it only worth the 4,500 or is it more like 8-9k? The only one i saw online was going for 9k. If i only went and used it one time and decided i didn't want it what would i be able to resale it for? I live in the houston area if that helps. thanks!

G

RE: What's it worth?

first ,, welcome to the forums
Did u ck out the book value of it on Kelly Blue Book ,, the have a section for rvs ,,,, but i can't put much info into this due to the fact that i have never owned a tt or 5er ,, but the one who can is Keneth ,, with Grand View Trailer Sales ,, he knows the in's and out's of tt's and such ,, he'll be online in a bit ,, but u can PM him u'r question ,, but i bet when he get's back on here ,, he'll give u a response ,, and i'll put a little bug in his ear also ,, to ck out u'r post ,, he's a good friend of mine ,, and i have met him personally ,, a great guy ,, a one hell of a business guy ,,, so be patient ,, ;) :approve: :) :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: What's it worth?

According to NADA, the value is $4,640.00. IF the trailer is great shape, $4,500.00 is not a bad price, but you have to be the judge of that.

djesurun

RE: What's it worth?

Would it be hard to sell for that or possibly more if i wanted to get a bigger one soon?

C Nash

David it really just depends on the condition of the trailer and how long you keep it. Rvs as a rule depreciate ever year up to a certain age. If I bought it at this price and even if it's in good shape I would not plan on breaking even after a year, JMO

Kirk

RVs are much like cars in terms of buying and trading. It is very rare to trade and not loose significant money in the process. And they don't increase in value. At this time, with fuel prices so high I suspect that very few used RVs are selling for as much as the suggested retail from NADA. If fuel prices should fall, you might get lucky but I sure don't expect that to happen.