When do most folks who live in the north go south for the winter?

SnowbirdInFlight

We usually leave around November but are going to leave in October this year to visit our daughter and her husband at Fort Stewart, GA before we go on to Florida and then Texas. Just wondered if we are early-snowbirds.

thcamping2.gif

Kirk

Re: When do most folks who live in the north go south for the winter?

It just depends upon your schedule and on how far north. Having lived on a major migration route for snowbirds I can tell you that there are some who begin to head south as early as September. There is generally a surge into the south in early October, again just before Thanksgiving and right after it. The next surges come just before and just after Christmas. By mid January most of them are in the south.

SnowbirdInFlight

Well we are in southern Illinois, which doesn't really have bad winters (except maybe last year, they had a lot of ice) but it does get pretty cold during Jan, Feb, and March. So, Oct is just a little early but like I said we'll be staying in GA for probably 2-3 weeks, then move on to FL. We didn't go to Texas last year and I really missed it! So, this year I'm looking forward to going back. We really like Rockport . They have some great seafood there and fishing.

tt.gif

Gruffy

We're outta here just after Canadian thanksgiving... about October 15.... spend 2 weeks enroute.

SnowbirdInFlight

Gruffy - 8/17/2008 2:29 PM We're outta here just after Canadian thanksgiving... about October 15.... spend 2 weeks enroute.

Where you headed Gruffy?

try2findus

Snowbirdinflight-Where did you get that adorable RV icon at the bottom of your post? That is a must have... :cool: :cool:

SnowbirdInFlight

try2findus - 8/17/2008 2:46 PM Snowbirdinflight-Where did you get that adorable RV icon at the bottom of your post? That is a must have... :cool: :cool:

I really don't know, lol. I've had it for years. You are welcome to snag it just be sure to copy it to your own photo host for your use. I use Photobucket and believe that free site to be the easiest to use.

thtravel.gif
thcamping2.gif
tt.gif
bus.gif

ARCHER

Well, we go to Melbourne Beach, Fl and try to be there NLT Oct 1st and head home NLT April 1st, so six months in Florida and six months in Indiana ;)

utmtman

I am heading south in Sept. but my winter is split I am going to Petrified near Holbrook, Az until Jan than down to Bouse, Az in Jan.

H2H1

well my winter is always in the South----this where I live :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vanole

This will be my first year and I'm heading south from Va Beach last week of Nov enroute Miami.

V/R
Jeff