where is DL

H2H1

Well has anyone seem or heard from DL. it has been awhile since he was on and giving good advise. We know he bought a new condo to have a new home base to be near his grand kids. But never thought he would give us up. So if anyone hears from him tell him he is missed

G

RE: where is DL

Sorry hollis ,,, no news here on the where abouts of DL either :( :(

Shadow

Re: where is DL

Got an E-Mail from DL this morning. I rattled his chain a bit so maybe he will post soon. They have been busy buying and moving furniture. So when they get settled he will probably be back on. All is well :)

C Nash

Butch, bet he had to rent a Ford Or Chevy to move some stuff and he is affraid we'll find out about it. :eek:

G

There u go Nash :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :eek:

Shadow

Come to think of it Chelse! DL sure was admiring my Ford. :laugh: It just didn't smoke enough for him!! ;)

DL Rupper

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. Wifey has me painting and changing all sorts of stuff. My poor ol bones are aching.

I washed and waxed the RV by hand just before we closed on the condo and hyper-extended my knee climbing up and down the ladder. Then while moving the little furniture we had left over from a few years ago, I hurt my back. Then wifey got me started painting. Damn I'm getting to old for this. I retired and went Rving to get away from this crap. Oh, well I almost have a total turn key operation set up. Out the door and into the RV this fall. ;) :bleh: :approve:

As soon as I get caught up I'll be back letting y'all know the proper way to RV. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had to let my son's Chev Silverado help me and old red move the furniture. Of course the big load had to go with the Dodge Cummins. Well, bulky load since we only had a few things in storage. The furniture store, Walmart, Lowes, and Target bills are enough to make me cry. I didn't know that much stuff needed to be bought, but then the turn key option doesn't come cheap. I now almost have 2 complete homes with all the trimmings. RV for fun living and condo for the hot dreary days of summer.

Advice for potential full-timers: Sell everything in your house if your sure you want to full-time for a long time. If I had of saved all the furniture and stuff from my stick house 14 years ago and put it in storage, it would have cost more in storage bills than buying it all over again. Besides you get all new stuff. however, if you only plan to full-time for a 3 or 4 years it would probably be better to put all your possessions in storage. :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Good to hear from you Pal. Glad things are falling into place for you. Hope you don't work so hard you can't get back into that Fifth Wheel soon. Stay in touch.

TexasClodhopper

"I had to let my son's Chev Silverado help me and old red move the furniture." They say that admission is half the way to recovery! :clown:

Don't you notice how much worse the city smells than the country? :(

LEN

Glad to hear everything is working out. We came back to the condo after 2 1/2 months on the road(if it wasn't for the tax man we would be out there still) and the condo took us about a day to be running as usual. Took longer to transfer the cloths, food and such from the RV than to bring the condo back to life. Another couple of weeks and you will be on here and wondering what to do with all the xtra time. Good luck!!

LEN

DL Rupper

Hey Len, we are even going to have 2 sets of clothes so we can hit the road running. Food is about the only thing we will pack back and forth. ;)

C Nash

Hmmm, heard something about so much smoke around some condo somewhere that they had banned the truck :eek: :laugh: ;)