where to find front carpet sets ?

wilf

hi does anyone know where i can get carpet for the front of my rv ? its a 93 coronado, some one told me you can get just the front part, over the engine compartment and under the seats area ready made for a certain make and model of rv , anyone any ideas ? thanks

G

RE: where to find front carpet sets ?

wel welcome to the forums ,, and i have never heard of ready made carpet ,, i have done alot of remodels ,, and most of the carpet is one piece ,, front to rear ,, with a few sections pieced in ,, but what u are typing about is easy ,, just take out the seats ,, and do as u would in a house ,, carpet the entire area ,, and then cut out for the motor cover ,, and use that piece ontop of it(if it (if it is used as an access to the top of the motor ,from inside ) ,, :approve: :approve: :approve:

wilf

thanks i thought that would be the way to go, someone told me i could buy ready made console and engine cover carpets at camping world but i could not see any ?

rddog8691

Re: where to find front carpet sets ?

I also need to replace the carpet in trhe front of my rig, but have also never heard of ready made peices I planed on just going to a carpet store and buying a large enough peice and then putting it down. I just dread doing the dog house above the motor there are some weird angles and I wonder if i could make it fit well enough that it doesnt look too bad.

G

Re: where to find front carpet sets ?

u can ,, if u look at how the manufacts ,, did it ,, u'rs will be a heck of alot better ,, believe me ,, and even if u don't get it exactly right ,, as long as the top area looks good ,, that is all that is important ,,
:approve:

hamdave

wilf - 6/19/2009 10:38 AM hi does anyone know where i can get carpet for the front of my rv ? its a 93 coronado, some one told me you can get just the front part, over the engine compartment and under the seats area ready made for a certain make and model of rv , anyone any ideas ? thanks

Have never heard of 'carpet sets'. You can get remnant carpets almost anywhere fairly cheap and if you are patient and have some basic skill the job is really not hard to do. I have done mine. A lot cheaper than 'hiring' it done

cheers

wilf

thanks guys. i do a lot of tile and wood floors have been a carpenter all my life but never tried laying carpet .
I thought i would try to get off the piece over the engine in one bit and copy it, its probably glued down though, i took up the carpet in the rest of the mh and it was stapled around the edges with hundreds of staples!