where to get h2o

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by achevyfan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. achevyfan

achevyfan New Member

just got a small trailer 24ft. where can i get water for tanks on the road. it tows better empty. thanks
    p.s. most of our camping will be at nascar so no campgrouds.
    thanks again

2. hertig

hertig Senior Member

Re: where to get h2o

Some of the bigger truck stops, particularly Flying J. Some RV dealers, a few campgrounds might do it for free or a nominal charge, some rest stops, friends and family, and probably other places as well.

I would suggest carrying a bit of water, in case you want to stop and wash your hands, or have lunch or use the toilet. I usually carried 1 mark on the guage worth of water in my tank, about 10 gallons I think.

3. s.harrington

s.harrington Senior Member

State Parks usually have a place to get water. Most nation parks do to. Invest in a water theif for those faucets without threads such as most state parks have.

4. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Also carry a water filter. We went into a campground in PA once that had water so bad, you could not drink the coffee made with it. We use a carbon type that goes in the water line coming in and replace it once a year for about $23.00.

5. hertig

hertig Senior Member

yes, I like a filter which handles down to bacterial size just to get into the RV. I would want a 'purifier' (down to virus size or better) for drinking water but those are pricey, so I carry a few gallons of purified water for human consumption.