wht to uses for dampness

lasoyatang

HI EVERYONE
I HAVE MY WINDOWS CLOSED IN MY CAMPER IT'S GOING TO RAIN THE NEXT 3 DAYS. I HAVE A GAGE IN THE CAMPER AND IT READS 80% DAMPNESS, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN USE TO LOWER THE DAMPNESS ? SOMEONE SAID TO USE DRYER SHEETS WHAT REALLY WORKS ?
THANKS
CARLOS

vanole

Re: wht to uses for dampness

I have used a dehumidifier to remove dampness or you can use Damprid. You can find Damprid at Walmart (near RV stuff) or Home Depot (near paint). Comes in tubs and other forms. Lasts anywhere from 30-60 days.

V/R
Jeff

utmtman

Yeppers go to wallmart and check both the rv area and closet supply area. I have found damprid and something called keep it dry at walmart to help with humidity.

Pancanbob

There are several ways to low the humidity.
Remove the water form the air.

A dehumidifier, is a small air conditioner, water condenses on the cold coils, then drips into a tank, that will have to be empty on a regular basis, some units can have a drain hose hooked up to it, it cost $$ to run them.

Damprid and others, are a mineral that absorb water, how long they last will depend on how much humidity you have

Another way to lower the humidity, is to raise the temperature, by running a heater in the MH, this will also cost $$.

If you can keep the air inside the MH from exchanging with the out side air, you can do this by closing all windows and vents, and having it parked where there minim temperature swings. When the MH gets worm the air will expand pushing the dry out, and when it gets cold it will pull in wet air from the outside.

I would use a small dehumidifier, put it on a timer, and seal MH as much a possible to keep the damp air out.

When I live in Panama before air conditioners, we had small heaters in our closet to keep thing from mildewing.
Good luck
:laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

I got a bucket of damprid in my MH and it is working great. After the holidays I will get another and help the first one out. BTW the HUMIDITY here was in the upper 80%, I think it was 88% and it is coming down but slowly.