wind

G

anybody know about the new automatic wind sensors for awnings??? I have a customer that is mad because the awning goes in with about 10mph wind ,, and he hates it... is there an adjustment on the new style awnings??
Also ,, where can i get the old style ,, pop sensors for a 78 model furnace built by Coleman ,, just wondering ,, i have a class b that needs the old style pop heat sensors ,,, i cked ppl and stagparkway ,, but they don't carry them any more ,, i cked with coleman and they don't list them ,, u think a mobile home place might carry them???
sorry i posted in kinda the wrong forum ,, but the wind thingy is on a class A ,, so i guess i'm ok :laugh: ;) :eek:

H2H1

RE: wind

MORNING Rod, I have an automatic wind sensor awning on my 03 South Wind. It has a controlbox andon the control box you can engage (turn on) or disengage it( turn off) by a toggle switch.Mine is located above the driver side in the overhead cabinets. I didn't know it was on until we was in West Palm Beach the summer and the wind got up and it automatic rolled it self up. which was ok we didn't need it anyway but quickly found out how it worked. i HOPE THIS HELPED U OUT'

Hollis

hertig

Re: wind

Those things are famous for retracting in any breeze, but not retracting in a gale. The only adjustment I know of is 'on or off', and I pretty much use 'off' when I am there and 'on' when I am away or asleep.

G

thanks i'll look around ,, i'm still waiting email from the awning manufactorer..
but i will look for a switch,,, :) :approve:

G

Got the furnace out today and still testing the pop switches ,, so far they seem to be good ,, i am looking more toward the limit switch on the burner ,, i think that it thinks that the unit i still hot , due to the fact that the fan won't quit ,, and when it calls for heat agian ,,, the customer get's a big flame out the exaust of the MH ,,, i told him to get out the marshmellows and roast them ,, JK i didn't really say that to him ,, but did think about it :laugh: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :bleh:

G

well i think it's fixed , the furnace that is ,, found a weak fan or blower motor ,, wasn't blowing at full strength ,,, the system was thinking it was still hot ,, so the fan would not shut off ,,, but when the thermo called for heat again ,, the gas valve would turn on and it would ignight ,, but there was still gas in the chambers so ,, that's where the flame out the exhaust came from ,, i hope ,, it's been working fine for the last few hours ,, the fan shuts off and then kicks on for 30 seconds and then it ignights ,,, no flame thrower so far ,, i'm gonna let it run thru the night and see how it does,,, bty i put a big sheet metal piece about 20ft from the exhaust ,, that way i can see the soot marks if it flamethrows over night ,,, ;) :)
Bty Nash ,, crank up the rv ,, were gonna get snow in the mountains late tonight and into sunday :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: