Window Sealant

Mjayco

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2009 Jayco Octane ZX and I would like to swap the windows in the bedroom. The one by the head of the bed is an emergency window with the little rod that tries to stab you if you bump against it and the other is a crank open window. They are both the same size so I want to switch them around. Any ideas what would be the best window sealant to use to reseal them when I reinstall them? Thanks

C Nash

Re: Window Sealant

Think the emergency window was placed at the bed for safety reasons. Quickest way out and no fumbling trying to find it on the other side. JMO

LEN

If they still do it today like a few years back. There are two sealants. One a clay like stuff that stays pliable around the flat screw area where the RV and window come in contact and then a silicone sealant(exterior and the best you can find) on the exposed edge. Both at Home Depot or Lowes or a RV shop. Use alcohol to clean areas before application.

LEN

G

u are right Len ,, i use the putty tape under the windows ,, and then use a slicone selant ,, around them after ,, but ,, i have found that most HD and lowes ,, does not carry the black silicone ,, so Rv dealer is the place to go ;) :approve:

Mjayco

Thanks everyone, I ordered the putty tape and silicone and will give it a try this weekend.