Winnebago Aspect

av8rix2

I will finalize the purchase of my 2007 29' Winnebago Aspect next week. I am seeking one's experience with Winnebago's extended warranty.

DL Rupper

Re: Winnebago Aspect

The only reason anybody offers an extended warranty is because the law of probabilty is on the side of the company offering the warranty. They know statisically the advantage is on their side. They are in business to make money. :evil:

hertig

Re: Winnebago Aspect

Is it really offered by Winebago? If so, it might be worth looking into. If not, your odds of coming out ahead are fairly slim.

Cord

RE: Winnebago Aspect

I currently own a winnebago aspect 26 A. I've found that the extended warranty is good/bad. I've had to replace the convection/microwave oven which it covered but I had to do all of the foot work,ie take it to an authorized repair facility which was very inconvenient. I also had and have some quality issues with the rv. Before you buy it take a look at their crappy seal work, especially around the "gutter" area. where the roof butts up to the gutters. If you press inward you will probably find some voids. I know you will find a lack of quality on almost all areas where the protective caulking was applied. Around windows, the door ect. If you have these issues addressed before you buy, you'll be ahead of the game. These issues are not covered under the warranties. And can be costly for you. Make sure you operate the slide out a few times as well then look at your caulking around the windows in the slide out. I have a constant problem with these along with the rubber gasket in the windows, keeps popping out. For peace of mind, I did buy the extended warranty to cover all of the appliances, they are very expensive to have worked on or replaced. So far I've only had the problem with the microwave oven. the slide out a couple time, and the access door I've given up on, it makes this very annoying "squeak" sound when under way. I've had it worked on at least 3 times, still a problem. And by the way, make sure you have everything you want fixed in your first year, cause after that, dig deep.....they told me that the extended warranty covered everything.....not true. Look it over very carefully and ask plenty of questions. 10,000 miles so far. Good luck