Winter Question on New 5th wheel

hntrpro

Just purchased a used 1999 gulf stream 5th. My question showering in the winter months. we live in wisconsin where it can get extremely cold, will i have to do anything to the camper so we can still shower in the cold months without wrecking anything, any advise would be great, new to this forum, nice site !!

thanks steve

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Steve. Will you be living in the rv during the winter months? Will the RV be winterized? Dont fully understand what you are asking but that's not unusally for me. Weather is rough in most Winconsins winters. Gulf stream is a good unit IMO and if you keep it heated well and some kind of underpinning wit wraped hose it may work. Just need a little more info on what you are wanting?

akjimny

Hi Steve and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. You will have to have some sort of skirting from the bottom of the trailer to the ground to keep the cold breezes out. If this is a temporary arrangement, you can use hay bales (the square kind - not the round ones). You will also need some kind of heat source under the water tank area and holding tank areas. Some people use light bulbs. You will also need a heated fresh water hose. They make those, or you can wrap electric heat tape and insulation around a plain hose. Add a heat tape to your sewer discharge line and you should be pretty well set up to avoid freezing. You also might consider getting a 100 gallon external propane tank. The local gas company will probably rent you one of those.

I know I haven't thought of everything and hopefully some of the other forum members will join in with their ideas. Good luck.:):)

JordanAllen76

hntrpro;81569 said:
Just purchased a used 1999 gulf stream 5th. My question showering in the winter months. we live in wisconsin where it can get extremely cold, will i have to do anything to the camper so we can still shower in the cold months without wrecking anything, any advise would be great, new to this forum, nice site !!

thanks steve

Well we always used to wrap our pipes so nothing froze.