Champion 3000W generator.....reviews?

LEN

Re: Champion 3000W generator.....reviews?

If you are camping ALL BY YOURSELF fine wear ear plugs. But not in a camp ground. Contractor grade and very noisy. Got with Honda or Yamaha.

LEN

C Nash

I agree with Len. The Champion will be loud or all I have seen were. They are ok at a drag race track. :laugh:

yuck. thanks for that clear info. I'm really against getting/having/using one...but the Mrs wants to get a quiet one for our youngest son. At 15 he gets rather bored on about the 5th or 6th day of "dry" camping. Just enough to have a PS3 playing so we can go fish by ourselves would make things more enjoyable for him. I just thought getting a bigger one might be nice to run the A/C...but I definitely do NOT want something loud.

akjimny

You manage to get him thru 5 or 6 days before getting bored??? Ours got bored about the 5th or 6th HOUR of camping. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Any of the small Honda generators will be sufficient to run a PS3 and TV, but it will take at least a 3kw to run your AC. :) :)

DKRITTER

It may depend on which gen you are talking about if it's the construction grade Champion 3000 I agree it's way to loud but the 3000w inverter is much quieter and is no more than the Honda''s or Yamaha's.