Advise on tow vehicle.

Gdean

Buying jayco jayflight 32bhds 2014. Have ford f-150 supercrew v8 5.4L. With 3.15 RAR. Tow guide says tow max 8500 lbs. camper weight is listed as aprox. 8250 lbs.
Some suggest adding air lift bags to. Suspension. Some say upgrade rear end axle ratio to 3.75 for 1100 lbs. capacity. Finally others say go to f250 super duty. Confused!

C Nash

Is the 8250 ULW? What is the loaded weight? Either way you are pushing your limit. IMO I would go with a F250. Where will you be towing? Short weekends, mountains or long hauls? Welcome to the forum.

krsmitty

C Nash;85187 said:
Is the 8250 ULW? What is the loaded weight? Either way you are pushing your limit. IMO I would go with a F250. Where will you be towing? Short weekends, mountains or long hauls? Welcome to the forum.

X2...By the time you have the RV loaded you would be overweight big time. Time for a new TV. Then...might as well get a diesel :)

campingsam

Buying jayco jayflight 32bhds 2014. Have ford f-150 supercrew v8 5.4L. With 3.15 RAR. Tow guide says tow max 8500 lbs. camper weight is listed as aprox. 8250 lbs.
Some suggest adding air lift bags to. Suspension. Some say upgrade rear end axle ratio to 3.75 for 1100 lbs. capacity. Finally others say go to f250 super duty. Confused!

The problem is that most of the tow guides on the web do not account for tanks that may be full, everything you have packed in your trailer (grills, chairs, etc...), that 36 pack of water bottles, etc... All of that really adds up. I'm not sure what Tow Guide you used, but check out Trailer Tow Guide for realistic tow ratings.