Wash/wax exterior on MH

Susan S

Hi folks we recently purchased an older motorhome, and decided to shine the exterior up a bit omg!! We did one side w/ reg turtle wax and elbow grease,, I have looked up these concentrated or liquid wash/wax products,,, does anyone has any advice on something that can b sprayed on, spread out and it looks wash and waxed ty

House Husband

My old coach has lost all it shine and gel coat. I prep it with TSP and an a scotch bright, then coat with Zep Wet Look. Use a blue lint free towel, wrung out tightly. apply 3 or 4 very light coats. No waxing but have to re-do every 4 or 5 years.

Richard

C Nash

My old coach has lost all it shine and gel coat. I prep it with TSP and an a scotch bright, then coat with Zep Wet Look. Use a blue lint free towel, wrung out tightly. apply 3 or 4 very light coats. No waxing but have to re-do every 4 or 5 years.

Richard
When you redo yours what do you clean old wax off with. Did mine 5 yr ago and need to do again. Have read wash with diluted amonia.

House Husband

Zep Wet Look is NOT a wax, it's an acrylic polymer coating. Zep also makes a "Heavy Duty Floor Striper" constrate, that I use to remove the old coating.

Richard

Last edited:

Philipclopez

303 might be the all-in-one RV maintenance product I have been searching around the market for some time. Although, I need to emphasize that the application is slightly different from other similar products. My RV had been sitting in my yard in the South Florida sun for over two years untouched. Mildew had covered the finish on the fiberglass. I could not believe 303 not only cleaned the camper but actually brought back the shiny finish

Last edited: