Health Insurance

keygirl

We want to go Fulltimeing, but we are not old enough to
retire with health care benfits. Can anyone direct me to
some inexpensive health care plans ?

Cyminn

Health Insurance

I don't thing there is anything such as cheap or inexpensive health insurance. Ours, Blue Cross of Mn is up to 5300 a year for the two of use and we have an 1500 deductable. It goes up about 10 - 15 percent of year. From what I have seen on other sites, it seems to be about average.

Cyminn

Health Insurance

I don't thing there is anything such as cheap or inexpensive health insurance. Ours, Blue Cross of Mn is up to 5300 a year for the two of use and we have an 1500 deductable. It goes up about 10 - 15 percent of year. From what I have seen on other sites, it seems to be about average.

Look at www.rv.net and www.escapees.com for more info.

Cyril

Gary B

Health Insurance

Have to agree with Cyminn, there is no such thing as inexpensive health ins. to keep our costs down we have a $5000 deductable, we also have Blue croos of Mn. anad it goes up every year, its a crime the costs. Happy trails GB

PS if weren't for the cost of all the insurance one has to have you could retire very nicely much sooner! :)

Lenny

Health Insurance

We are beginning fulltiming in December,2003 and had the same problem, too young for medicare, and can't pay high insurance premiums. We solved the problem by joining a Christian co-op program where the members pay one anothers bills with their premiums instead of paying an insurance company. We are generally healthy, but need something in case of a major problem, so this appears to be just what we need, especially since we only pay 170 dollars a month for a couple. If you want more info on how to get in touch with them e-mail me and I'll give you the details. lennyspicer@yahoo.com

ARCHER

Health Insurance

It's a real shame :( that each year the health insurance rates increase more than any cost of living increases in pay do.
Maybe one of these years, lawmakers will do something the right way instead of the "Political" party way and fix the system. Unfortunately, I'll probably not live long enough to see that happen. I'd like to see parties (Republican, Democrats, etc.,) eliminated and vote the issue for the people and not the party.
Sorry, got on a soap box.. :8ball:

C Nash

Health Insurance

Archer,
I think it's time more of us got on our soap box and voice our opinions. Read in our local paper today where after laying off some of our state officials (probably didn't do anything anyway) because of budget cuts she turns around and orders a SUV with all the bells and whistles at a coast of around 30 grand. Kind of like one of our education employees that ordered a 4 wheel drive to check the roads to see if it was ok for the school bus to run. I told him if he needed a 4 wheel drive to get out of his drive way, duh, the buses shouldn't run. He didn't get one. Now, I think it's about time we threw some more tea overboard. Think that's what we did to protest the taxes the British were imposing on us. Maybe we need a soap box forum :laugh:

litlmouthy

Health Insurance

We are beginning fulltiming in December,2003 and had the same problem, too young for medicare, and can't pay high insurance premiums. We solved the problem by joining a Christian co-op program where the members pay one anothers bills with their premiums instead of paying an insurance company. We are generally healthy, but need something in case of a major problem, so this appears to be just what we need, especially since we only pay 170 dollars a month for a couple. If you want more info on how to get in touch with them e-mail me and I'll give you the details. lennyspicer@yahoo.com
Im interested in details regarding the Christian co-op program you mentioned. Can you provide us with their information?