01 allegro problem

jkill2001

well at the rv lot i work at we have a 01 allegro 30 foot with the workhorse chassis on it and we're having a problem with the 02 sensors going bad after 20-50 miles of driving. we've been told its the cat that is doing it. is it ok to cut the cat off and just take it out of the equation?

C Nash

01 allegro problem

Not ok to remove the converter :disapprove: . Big fine if caught doing this. What engine do you have? Has it been worked on? using the wrong silcone can ruin 02 sensors. What do they look like when you remove them? Is there codes in the computer? Has there been any additives put in the gas tank? Does the computer registar rich/lean exhaust? If the converter is stopped up you should have a terrible power problem.

jkill2001

01 allegro problem

mileage is under 20,000 and yes there are codes. we have sent this mh to a shop and they said its the left bank not sure if it was lean or rich and i haven't seen one to see how bad it looked.

C Nash

01 allegro problem

Knowing the make and engine size might help get more answers jkill. If the converter was stopped up it would be killing both sensors IMO because of heat but, I dont think you will find this to be the problem. Ck the bank that is giving the problem to see if maybe someone has maybe put a valve cover on and used the wrong silcone although I think most are computer usable now. reading the 02 sensor helps. Gray and crystlized lean, black and sooty rich. What codes are in the computer. Computer could be bad.

jkill2001

01 allegro problem

well the cat won't be killing both sensors since there are two separate cats. the chassis is workhorse and i do believe its a 8.1L.