1000 watt honda generator?

donell67

can the honda 1000 watt generator when i plug my rv into it. is it enough wattage to run the converter and charge the batteries. i dont want to run the microwave or anything. plus could i plug my boat battery charger into it at the same time it has 2 banks at 10 amps per bank. thanks for any help.

ARCHER

wHAT DOES THE OWNERS MANUAL SAY? IT SHOULD IDENTIFY WHAT WATTS CAN BE USED FOR DIFFERENT THINGS LIKE CHARGERS, ETC.

donell67

it actually doesnt say in the owners manuel just says that the charger on quick charge puts out 14.4 volts.

TexasClodhopper

Look at the circuit breaker on the generator. This tells you how much AC current you can draw from the generator. It should be about 8 amps.

The charge (DC) that you stated for the 2 banks of batteries is approximately equivalent to 2 amps AC to the charger. Probably the same for your RV batteries.

If you add up all these rough approximations you get 4 amps AC drawn from the generator.

That doesn't sound like a big load for that Honda.

Grandview Trailer Sa

If you go to the Honda web site, you will find out that generator will continously produce 900 watts. 1000 is max. Most converters are not over 45 watts. You can look in your converter and see what it is rated for. That Honda will easily charge the battery and do a little more. It won't run the AC, but it would probably handle the microwave also. I have a 3000 Honda and when I over do it, it will protect itself by basicly triping an internal breaker. I would bet the 1000 has that protection also.

hertig

It is possible that the Honda will charge the batteries directly. Might want to compare to see which is faster (direct or via converter) and 'better' (some converters are fairly poor chargers and boil off the battery water faster than a good charger would)

Grandview Trailer Sa

You are right, I did not think of that. My Honda does have a spot to plug in a 12 volt charger, but I do have to buy it extra. I don't know if the 1000 has it or not.