12 volt batteries

scroller40

I have a 20 ft. trailer that we take on 1 wk trips.what is a good brand of 12 volt battery? has anyone had any experiences with everstart deep cycle from walmart? what price range ? any info would be appreciated. thanks kim

Gary B

12 volt batteries

Hi Kim, welcome to the forum, I have been using Wal-mart batteries for about 4 years now and they are great, nice thing is there's a Wal-Mart everywhere. My recomendation is to get the largest Deep Cycle battery that will fit into the battery box/area, like a group 27 type, with batteries generally you get what you pay for, meaning the higher the price the better. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

Kirk

12 volt batteries

I would agree with Gary. I too buy from WalMart and have had excellent service. If you park with no electricity then you may want to upgrade to two 6V batteries in series. If so, I then suggest that you get the golf cart batteries that are sold at Sam's Club.

janicenlarry

12 volt batteries

Gary, I recently switched my coach batteries to AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries at $150/ea. They require no maintenance and there are no hanging lead plates within the battery to shake loose on rough roads. I am very happy with these units and think in the long run they will provide better service with a longer life.

ARCHER

12 volt batteries

hey, Larry,
When you say "coach" batteries, do you mean the aux batteries? How long will they sit without being charged? What is the warranty on them? Where did you get them?
Tks and welcome to the forum a little late.
:)

janicenlarry

12 volt batteries

Purchased at Batteries Plus which are all over. Suggest you do search for AGM+batteries and it will give you all info you want. Lead flood batteries arent in the same ball park with these babies which I use as the aux batteries in my class A. These are std batteries in all military aircraft and other critical operations.