1962 Airstream

PAINTER

Where do you find out the value of a 1962 Airstream? Also what do you need to do before you put it up for sale? TIA: Painter

DARLING

Re: 1962 Airstream

I am sorry that no came to your aid. I can't help you either but I am offering some sympathy.

I guess that you need to make sure everyting at least works. Elec. LP. Water Sewer drains. Basic stuff

Darlin :cool:

Gruffy

Probably worthless.... but you have to start somewhere. Is it original..... all the factory parts.... factory propane tanks?? Any rot??? Broken glass??? How about lousy crude re-caulking....like loads of poorly applied silicone???

If yes... you may need new rubber as tires age.... make sure the lighting works so it can be towed.... if it has brakes service them. Add up what you just spent and double it.

Or just advertise it for $500.00 as is come and get it. If you have to make it roadworthy this will probably be the easiest and best choice....

G

now that was not a very plesent response ,, to someone it's worth more than my MH ,, it's the vintage part of it that will set the price ,, and believe u me ,, there are alot of people out looking and remodleing these vintage rv's ,, they can do what they want to them ,, and have an rv that is better than a 100,000 , and it is their floor plan and such ,,, but to the original poster ,, ck out the rv blue book ,, and see what u can get outaa it ,, if u have nothing in it and can sell it for more ,, then u'r ahead of the game :approve: :cool: :) :)
But then agian JMO :)

C Nash

Painter, if the airstream is in good condition it should bring in the 4000 range. Those older models value hold pretty good. If you want 500 I'll take it. Look in local trader maz and you may see some of that model and get a place to start. What is the length. I had a 32 ft same year and sold it for 4500 with no trouble. Had a 1958 18 ft and sold it for 3500. Sold a 28 ft 1982 very good shape for 11500.

Gruffy

Been this route many times. If it is indeed original about $500 is all I'd pay. If it's been restored you may get more.... a proper restore will run it up to $10k or so.

If you have to ask here I suspect your not up to doing a proper restore yourself.

I have seen half baked restores that actually lower the value of the trailer. Just looked at one of those Sunday. Been for sale over a year.... no takers.

Think of what's involved... probably new wheels tires and brakes.... all new wiring, new water heater, new fridge, new water pump. Any rust will have to be removed and the frame checked out. Restoration is a labour of love not a weekend project for the faint of heart. I'd take C Nash up on his offer... F.O.B. on his flat bed as I wouldn't tow it.

A quick check of NADA which only goes back to 1975 is about $1500.00..... and they expect the vehicle to be roadworthy. If it is... perhaps you can demand a small premium...

C Nash

Gruffy, have you seen it? Why would you not tow it? Maybe I am missing something but, I will not knock it not even knowing the condition. Painter did not give much information so it is a unknown or maybe I missed a post somewhere. Most of the time when someone has junk they offer it as parts. The route you took,were they Airstreams? The ones I sold were not restored but were in camping condition. The last time I heard of the 1958 18 footer it had been sold for 5000 and was still just original. My offer stands if it will roll and not totaled out but, yes I would have to see a current picture and know where Painter is located. Might cost more than it's worth with todays gas prices.

LEN

Just saw one the other day, old as the hills but spit and polish. Must have been sumthin special cuz it went for over forty grand. Might be a diamond.

LEN

C Nash

No matter SB we'll all still talk :laugh: ;) We get bored so just look up some all post and answere them :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Well that's the problem BroDavid. Sitting at the base now waiting for the (**&^&$##@@! dead rat smell to go away in the MH. :angry: :disapprove: :( Have tore it apart with no luck. He is on top of the moulded dash and would have to remove the whole thing so just decided to wait out the smell. Now if I could figure out how to make the MH run on that smell. :eek: Smell just about as bad as being behind DL in tha Dodge diesel ;)