1986 ElDorado Mirada RV generator question

Bill Kocher

I have not seen many of these motorhome a online and the EMC Mirada I bought has a place for a generator (it's got all the wires, fuel line, etc there) but no genny! Anyway, I was looking around the net and suspected that it originally came with something like an Onan 4k... I don't know if this is correct but I did find a guy locally with a Kohler 4000w generator that just might do the trick and was wondering if anyone on here had any input or insight on what may have came factory in this baby, it's a class c 27' ford powered motorhome and does have the built in transfer switch and all that stuff. If anyone has any idea please post it up! Thanks guys!

C Nash

The 4000 should do the job fine Bill. Is the Kohler out of a MH? Have you heard it run? Some of the Kolars are pretty loud. welcome to the forum

Bill Kocher

Hey there C Nash, thank you for the welcoming! The Kohler 4k is out of a MH and I am going to hear it run on Wednesday and try to make my call based on that. My other option was to go buy a Honda eu3000i and make it work for my MH but it is quite a bit more expensive than the used Generator I found that is already setup for a MH. My main concern is running my rooftop AC while driving and although I have skills with welding, electrical and fabrication I thought I would check this Kohler out before spending thousands on the Honda setup. Thanks for your reply, I truly appreciate it!

C Nash

The kokler will run the AC fine. Just be sure to seal the box it goes in and make sure the exhaust is in good conditioned and will exhaust going down the road. if your MH had a generator there should be no problem. Just use good mounts to lessen the viberation and noise. Also be sure you have a good detector in MH for exhaust fumes. Keep us posted