1986 Frontier Class C

nusurfer

Hello all. I am new to the RV community and just purchased my first motorhome, 24' class C chevy platform. I got a great deal on this but it does have one flaw and that is the siding is buckled around the loft window and part way down the side. I am pretty handy and want to repair this but am looking for any tips, pics, video or directions that anyone may have. Also, does anyoe know if this is a wood or metal frame? Thanks for ay help. I will post pics as I go along and pass on ay knowledge that I pick up.

dragon

RE: 1986 Frontier Class C

Hi

I am still learning myself, I have a 1976 Dodge Cobra class C. I have found many helpful videos on how to ... regarding RV repairing, replacing parts, how to use, and removing parts on YTUBE. You might want to see if anything your interested in is posted. Hope this helps.

nusurfer

Re: 1986 Frontier Class C

I have looked on youtube but haven't really saw what I'm looking for. I would just like to know what to expect. I have a lot of house framing experience so am pretty confident in my ability. If I knew that when I pulled the siding off, then the wood next and still leave the "studs" I would feel good.

akjimny

Dave - Welcome to the RVUSA Forum. What is the year, make and model of your RV? That will help the forum members get you a better answer. Also check Cougarkid's posts on the repairs he made to his motorhome. He also posted a bunch of pictures that might give you some hints. Good luck and post back with more info and we'll try to help. :) :)

nusurfer

It is a 1986 Frontier, Chevy platform 24 foot long. Thanks by the way for the help so far.

RanCarr

nusurfer;73166 said:
I have looked on youtube but haven't really saw what I'm looking for. I would just like to know what to expect. I have a lot of house framing experience so am pretty confident in my ability. If I knew that when I pulled the siding off, then the wood next and still leave the "studs" I would feel good.

You have to remove the siding as the studs may also be rotted out.. if there are studs. In our 1993 Dutchman, there were no studs toward the front and the frame is steel, not wood. We replaced the entire rotten section. The walls are made of thick foam with a sheet of plywood on each side. We replaced that with solid marine plywood.