1989 Georgie Boy 34ft transmission won't stay in park

C Nash

Re: 1989 Georgie Boy 34ft transmission won't stay in park

I have never see relays and valves on this year model. All I have dealt with were just manual shift by rods. May just need adjusting. Sounds like it is not going all the way in Park. Might also want to check mounts. Let us know what you find.

doubletakemac

Re: 1989 Georgie Boy 34ft transmission won't stay in park

there is actually a system under there that appears to be a brake system attached to the back tail end of the transmission. this unit has fluid lines going to it and there appears to be a slight leak. When it warms up a bit I will look into replacing the unit and ensuring the lines are not leaking. until then other things will move to the forefront of my honey do list.
thanks again to everyone who tried to help but it seems I have a very unusual rv.
see ya
rick

JimE

RE: 1989 Georgie Boy 34ft transmission won't stay in park

I found a 93 about 8 years ago in mint condition with very low mileage but I learned as I went that many of the seals and gaskets had dry rot and over a period of about 6 months I spent a lot of time chasing them down. Once I was done though I had a fine looking and running RV for not much $$.

doubletakemac

RE: 1989 Georgie Boy 34ft transmission won't stay in park

well that is encouraging news. today i called john deere and told them i had an rv with a JD chassis and they just laughed at me until i started reading off JD part numbers!! so far that has been the most fun i had in it and i wasnt even in the coach. i did find a mechanic locally who is a crackerjack who will work on it as he usually works on big rigs anyway and i also found an exhaust shop who is willing to give it a try on the exhaust leak. both should be easy fixes. so far after 750 miles that seems to be the only things wrong with the unit. everything on my trip pointed to a well built and well maintained unit with very little if any abuse. cant wait till i get the shed finished, tile in the house laid, bathroom remodeled, garden in, etc, so i can take it on my annual fishing trip to quetico park canada. just another day in retired paradise!!
rick