1999 coach house 192SD how to tun on heater and hot water

mtwoman2

im new to this is there a manual for this model? i tried to turn on the heater but the "tab" at the bottom of the thermostat box will not budge. is there a trick? all it blows is cold air.
also how do you turn on hot water for a shower or dishes? i need a manual, the one i was given is a general manual and not for the model i have. help!!!! :( is there someone that has a manual that can scan the pages i need to me or where can i buy a manual

JimE

RE: 1999 coach house 192SD how to tun on heater and hot water

Joan, is there a small panel somwhere in the coach that shows black and gray water level status and fresh water status? Normally on that same panel is the switch to turn on your water heater and your water pump etc. I am far from an expert but in the 4 or 5 coaches I have owned or rented this panel has normally been in the kitchen area or part of a larger status panel somewhere else in the coach. Let us know if you find it and how it goes.

JimE

Oh and welcome to the forum!!

mtwoman2

oh thank you for answering i will get back to you, maybe not tonight it is raining and dark here. so keep checking............
is there a trick to turn the heater on. this is a van conversion , 19 foot, 1999. coachhouse. has tiny box with the termi0stat mounted on the back wall.all it blows is cold air, when i bought it, the salesman plugged in the cord to an electric outlet. and the heater worked, i am assuming the heater only works on elec and not propane=correct???
i need pictures??? boo hoo!! can you help me with heater?
i appreciate you helping, i live 2 hours away from town. (yup, in gods country , in the woods, next to mt rainier national park)

LEN

Re: 1999 coach house 192SD how to tun on heater and hot water

Welcome,
HHHHHHHHHHHMMMM there is no place in Wa state that is two hours from town unless your walking. LOL

My guess is if the heater/furnace worked. Do you have the propane turned on? And is the battery fully charged? There is a sail switch on the furnace that allows the furnace to fire up if there is enough air flow= good battery. Plugging in would give full power 12volt to the furnace. Did you leave the furnace run for a while as there is a cycle time before the furnace will fire and at times(when it's real cold) this seems very long.

LEN

mtwoman2

ok, i fibbed, i am 1 1/2 hours away from the closest camping world in fife, washington, i live 5 miles fromthe entrance to mt. rainier national park, so yes, i am quite aways from help. the closest walmart is 1 hour away will get back to you tomorrow

mtwoman2

i totally appreciate you trying to help, but i decided to take it to camping world in fife and get it winterized $85 and they told me over the phone they would show me how to work the heater, etc. many many thanks for responding.