1st time out~It wasn't pretty

John Hamilton

:( Well, wife and I just got back from our maiden voyage. I don't know if you all remember, but I was the one with the Tundra wanting to buy a 5th wheel. Thanks to the good advise we bought a Ford 250 and love it! Then we bought a 2005 28 ft. Cougar. Took it our this weekend and had a really good time. It was time to leave, hooked it up~heard the pin click in, and then latched the safety, raised the jacks, started to pull forward, then boom and the Cougar dropped on my bed! I now have a buckle in my bed. Funny, I was just looking in a magazine and saw an advertisement for a "bed saver". Thought "what do I need that for?" Now I know. Moral to my story "Just cause the salesman tells you listen to the click and your in" (It ain't necessarily so.)
....John

Gary B

1st time out~It wasn't pretty

Hi John sorry to hear of your woes. I know that is a sickning feeling, it happened to me once while using my brothers truck and his Reese hitch, (I really dislike Reese hitchs they are noted for false locking) lucky for me it did so little damage you couldn't tell on his truck and just a little dent on our 5er. Yes the bed saver may be a good deal. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve: