20 amp and a honda 2000i paraell cable

adamant

i see all the forum posts talk about making the parallel cable up with a 30 amp female plug so they can use it for there camping trailers. i need to power up my camping shed that has a 20 amp male plug.
my question is:
can i make up this parallel cable using a 20 amp female plug at the end to power up my small a/c unit ?

it seems that one generator does not seem to power up that ac and microwave..

this is an idea i came up with..

Extenda Panelâ„¢ Extension Cord
Extenda Panelâ„¢ saves the hassle, danger, and expense of running multiple extension cords from a generator. Reduce the risk of appliance damage from overloading typical household extension cords. The 25-foot Extenda Panelâ„¢ provides the full power of four heavy-duty extension cords in one (up to 7500 watts at 125 volts). The heavy-duty 10 gauge cord splits to provide the power of four 120 volt, 15 amp outlets right where you need it. The Extenda Panelâ„¢ is provided as an accessory with the Generac 7000EXL (model 1470) generator.
Extenda Panelâ„¢ Extension Cord
Extenda Panelâ„¢ saves the hassle, danger, and expense of running multiple extension cords from a generator. Reduce the risk of appliance damage from overloading typical household extension cords. The 25-foot Extenda Panelâ„¢ provides the full power of four heavy-duty extension cords in one (up to 7500 watts at 125 volts). The heavy-duty 10 gauge cord splits to provide the power of four 120 volt, 15 amp outlets right where you need it. The Extenda Panelâ„¢ is provided as an accessory with the Generac 7000EXL (model 1470) generator.

http://www.generac-portables.com/generators/extenda_panel.cfm

hertig

20 amp and a honda 2000i paraell cable

You can, but probably shouldn't. 2 EU2000s will put out up to 33 amps, which is much more than the 20 amp socket should have to deal with. And providing more than 20 amps to your cabin, if it is wired for 20 amps, could prove disasterous. And if the cabin is able to support more than 20 amps, then why is it powered by only a 20 amp plug?

But if you are only using 1 generator, why worry about the parallel cable, whose only purpose is to combine the output of 2 generators? Any 10 guage (and many 12 guage) extension cord will work just fine, as might some of the short 14 guage ones. If it is rated for 15 amps, it will probably suffice for a 2000 watt (max) generator, although a 20 amp rating would be better. That cord you mention would be great for a 6K or 7K generator but is way overkill for a 2K generator.

The hard part is starting an AC unit when it is has been sitting for a while. Once you get the AC started, some do not take that much to keep it going. However, the Microwave does often take 1000 to 1600 watts, which would indeed rule out using it while the AC is on.

If you have an A/C which only needs 800 watts to run, and a microwave which only requires 1000 watts or less, then you could start up the A/C, and after it gets running, use the microwave.