2002 MONACO LEMON

ARCHER

2002 MONACO LEMON

Iris,
So what did you do with the old problem? Did you trade it in? Sell it to someone (hope you told them all the problems you had, honesty)?
Sure glad your happy with your new toy. Good luck.

Iris Leuntjens

2002 MONACO LEMON

Archer, We traded it in on the Newmar fifth wheel and a truck. The dealership gave us pay off, that was the only offer that we had for any amount of money. Most dealers that we talked to would not even pay it off. So all in all we lost our down payment of $40K and ten mos of payments. But, truthfully we are thankful that we just do not own it anymore. The dealership did not ask any questions about the motorhome, so as far as I am concerned they can deal with Monaco. (They are a Monaco dealer anyway.) We are hanging on to everything in case there turns out to be something we can do to get at least some of our money back. However, our health is more important to us and the stress is over. Hopefully a lot of people will read this forum, and not get treated the way we were. Thank you everyone for all of your assistance and kind thoughts. Iris

ARCHER

2002 MONACO LEMON

Iris,
Enjoy your new fifth wheel and truck. I'm really sorry you losts out but happy your now happy :laugh: .
We have been thinking of a fifth wheel in the future, but not for a couple years.
good luck

Adamthegreat

2002 MONACO LEMON

The reason you hear the kind of complaints you do about Monaco and Fleetwood is because they sell more motorized units than any other manufacturers. Please think about it logically, and you will see that it would be impossible for these companies to not only stay in business, but stay at the top of the industry if their quality was as terrible as some people choose to make it sound like... Please keep this in mind.

Iris Leuntjens

2002 MONACO LEMON

Buddy, My heart goes out to you. You have the convection to take your problems up the legal ladder, where we just turned our heads and ran. Good for you!!! Please keep us informed. Happy Holidays, Iris

Iris Leuntjens

2002 MONACO LEMON

Adam, You sound a little defensive, please do some homework before you judge. We all know that every manufacture puts out a lemon now and then. It is only right that they be taken care of.
Before I retired I worked for a very large manufacturing company as an accounting manager, and I was always willing to talk to the customer. I also took back product that was a "lemon". The customer always came first, and that is the way a company should be run.
Monaco has not even had the courtesy to have anyone but a tech talk to us. They would not even give us a reason for not extending our warranty, although there tech stated we did have quite a few problems, and the motorhome had been in for repairs quite often.
I am very pleased that you enjoy working for Monaco, and support your company, however, not all have the same opinion.
We no longer have anything to do with the motorhome, and are very happy with our new fifth wheel.
Happy Holidays, Iris

Adamthegreat

2002 MONACO LEMON

You aways spoke with "Technical Advisors", not Technicians from the shop. The position of a technical advisor is that of a liason between customer and corporation. It is the same as a customer service rep, but with more authority. I'm sorry you feel put out, and I guess I was getting a little defensive, I apologize. I'll try and keep it to a minimum. ;>)

C Nash

2002 MONACO LEMON

Iris,have you asked your eye doctor :clown: Sorry couldn't let that pass :) Don't think there have been any post since 24th on this subject or maybe I need to see my eye doctor also but, come to think of it I did see my eye doctor and now can't see nothing with these new glasses :(