2004 Winnebago workhorse

Karly

I have a 2004 Winnebago Brave that shuts down on me while driving. It happens infrequently, I have 24000 miles on it and it has happened four times. Workhorse thought it was the fuel pump and replaced it, however 12000 miles later it happens again driving at 60 mph dry conditions outside temp. around 50 degrees, alarms go off tachometer drops, no power, few seconds later power comes back and I continue driving. It's in the shop again, nothing shows up on the computer. Does anyone have any ideas? I drive mountain passes and would rather not loose all power then, or any other time for that matter. Seems to me like it may be electrical an problem. Thanks for any info you can give me. Karly

ARCHER

Re: 2004 Winnebago workhorse

Karly, welcome to the forum. This may sound a little farfetched, but you might want to check the wires to the coil. I had a truck/van that would shut down while I was driving along about the same speed. I'd coast over to the side of the road and let it cool down and then it would fire back up and drive fine for a long time. Found the wires (not the main wires to the top of the coil) coming out of the side of the coil were not making good contact at times (when it got warm/hot). Soldered the wire and it neer did it again. Just a thought..... ;) llllll could be another wire somewhere in the circuit similar to the issue I had. I had a heck of a time finding it. It would seem find if circuit tested for open circuit, I found it by starting the engine, let it run awhile and then put on some rubber gloves and grabbed a wire at a time and started moving it some.....the actual wire came all the way out of the coil. Good Luck