2005 Frontier by KZ

candiandrob

I am wondering if anyone has this unit and is having problems with the rear slide...Mine keeps falling out of the ceiling during travel....it has been repaired over and over and still keeps doing it....KZ admits this is a big problem for them and they are working on a fix, but in the meantime I'm paying for a camper that I can't use!!! My next step is a lawyer I guess...please let me know if you have experienced this problem or know of someone who has!!
Thanks

candiandrob

Re: 2005 Frontier by KZ

On this paticular camper they have a rear slide queen bed...in travel it actually hangs from the ceiling on railings....during travel the railings fall out of the ceiling and the slide out drops....they have changed them out several times and have also took my ceiling down and installed wood rafters in that area instead of the aluminum rafters and I made them put bolts and nuts through it....now the bolts are holding, but the railings are made of such paper thin metal that it can't take the stress so it breaks from around the bolts and the railings drop!! It has been a complete nightmare!!

C Nash

Have you talked with the factory about this problem? Sounds like a manfacture defect to me unless you are doing something it is not designed for. I would be camping at KZs doorstep. If it is a design defect others should be having the same problem. Good luck and keep us posted.

candiandrob

There are alot of others with the same problem...but KZ says there are some that don't ever give them trouble....to me those are the ones who camp at their house and the trailer never travels!! I have been going round and round with KZ....we are on the 5 attempt to fix the problem now....hopefully it will work....I was just seeing if anyone on here has the same camper with the same problems I would love to talk with them...KZ won't give me anyone else's name with these problems, but admits they have many with this problem!

C Nash

Maybe KZ should look at the ones that are not giving problems and see if there has been a change in design. Bet the ones that are giving problems are made around the same production time. Have you posted on other boards? Surely with as many vistors and posters as are here someone has this model. Come on and help canadianrob. Keep us posted

candiandrob

I haven't posted on any other forums...We brought the camper back to the dealer we bought it from Saturday and they are taking pictures for KZ. KZ says they are probably going to bring my camper back to the factory in Indiana and try to figure out what's happening! Hopefully everything will work out. At least now that I've threatened a lawyer they are actually going to look at it themselves and not just leave it up to the dealer! I will keep you posted. I'm not downing KZ in any way...we just want a camper that is functional...the kids are growing up fast and before long they won't want to go camping with us!!!! :)