2006 Fleetwood Revolution

Spudracer

We are in the process of purchasing an 06 Fleetwood Revolution Model 40E, and I searched everywhere I could look, for the switch that closes the pneumatically-operated "door" over the entry steps. Anyone know where this switch is? The saleman didn't have a clue. Anyone know if the owner's manual is availabe on-line anywhere to review?

Also, anyone know if it is against the law to rewire the front TV to turn on even while the coach is in motion? My 2000 Dutchstar would keep the TV on while driving, allowing my daughters to watch movies, but this new one won't. Before I decide to rewire, I want to know the legality of my thoughts.

Thanks so much, this is my first post.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

C Nash

Re: 2006 Fleetwood Revolution

Welcome to the forum Spudracer. Yes it is against the law , I think, plus it's a safety hazzard. What if Bay Watch comes on and your meeting a semi :laugh: . Have you contacted Fleetwood about an owner manual?

Spudracer

RE: 2006 Fleetwood Revolution

No interest in watching Baywatch here... it's mostly for the kids so they can watch Veggi-Tales. As for the owner's manual, we haven't taken delivery yet. They have our old RV, we're waiting for enough time off work to go pick it up. Perhaps one week from today. I'm sure it's in the owners manual, but curiosity is killing me, just want to know...

Thanks for the reply. I try to join Forums every time I buy a new vehicle, you learn SO MUCH by reading the advise and mistakes of others. Anyone know if there is a forum just for Fleetwoods, or more specifically Revolutions? I'm thinking that most Revolution owners are in an age group that makes it less likely they would frequent Forums on a regular basis, but I would be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

elkhartjim

Hey Spud...welcome to the forum. I can't remember where the switch is but on my friends Revolution, when you close the cover, don't let small children, pets or slow moving adults near it. Its like a guillotine. His is air operated with no adjustments.
Get the kids a DVD player or laptop to watch movies on. Better yet, teach them to enjoy the beauty of this country.

Spudracer

Thanks for the tip. Our last RV was a 20000 Dutchstar gas, this is my first diesel engine ever. I am so psyched to FINALLY own a diesel...

I'm at the Caterpillar web site right now looking over the stats and maintenance recommendations for the C9, states the oil should be changed annually or every 15,000 miles. Does that sound right? Also states to drain the water separator daily before driving. I'm guessing that is another "diesel-thing". I'm quite proficient with gas engines and do my own engine rebuilding when it comes to muscle cars, but I know next to nothing about diesels nor their maintenance and feel as though I am playing a quick game of catch-up before I screw up!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Spudracer

Next question, I found the Coolant inspection port, which shows normal green coolant. Should I be picking up more information besides, "Yes it has coolant and it is green."?

Thanks guys/gals.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

ironart

Hi Tom and Welcome.....The "Water separator" is to remove the water from the Air System. Your Air Brakes don't work well when the air lines are full of water. Don't forget to DO IT..!! :eek: :eek: :) :) :)

LEN

The door switch. should be two of them one in the drivers cockpit area and on in the passengers area, am not familiar with your coach but that's where it is on mine and on several coach's I've been in. As to the water separator, this should be in the access bay for the air filter air drier and in some the pump for the jacks, looks like and is a fuel filter with a screw thing(petcock) on the bottom that allows you to drain water and fuel.

LEN

Spudracer

I searched high for the switch to control the pneumatic stairs cover, I searched low. I looked in cabinets, I looked on the saets, I looked on the dash, I looked at the control panel. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam-I-Am. I just don't know where else to look.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

avalondanes

On my '06 40L it is in the front overhead beside the TV with all the other switches (sat, and slides) It is not marked.

Spudracer

I looked in that cabinet. Please see the following link to a picture of the inside of that cabinet. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uZLutJMZC_w/SKe6SwFuB5I/AAAAAAAAAFQ/XaRZJMCWn1A/s1600-h/P8160155.JPG Maybe you'll see something I'm missing. I think I'll either have to look in the owner's manual (will take posession of the RV in 5 long days) or will have to find out where it is from someone who owns a Revolution. Trust me, I looked everywhere... Someone, somewhere knows the answer to my curiosity.

Thanks for trying,

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Paul235

I have one of those mechanically operated doors on our MH that actually responds to voice commands. I wait until the "voice command receiving device" is comfortably seated and say in my in-charge command voice "Didja close the door?" and it magically closes. It was an option that didn't come with the unit originally. I had to go through a difficult training period to get it to respond reliably.

C Nash

And I bet when "voice receiving device" door closer says "NO" you just get up and do it Paul :laugh: :laugh:

ironart

I know Nash is right.....Every once in a while my "voice receiving device" malfunctions and I have to complete the chore myself......I can usually reset it once it cools down a little..... :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

big bilko

My voice recieving device just tells me to get up and do it myself. She is a good wife and cook so I generally obey her. Best regards from DOWN UNDER...BIG BILKO. :clown: :) ;)

H2H1

Hey Big Bilko sounds like you the same voice activation systems that I have. :laugh: :laugh: When my VAS tell me to jump I just ask how high :laugh: :) :clown: :clown:

big bilko

Still trying to find the off button for the VAS. Cant wait till I get old and deaf. Regards Big Bilko. :) ;) :bleh: :cool: :laugh: :approve: :clown:

H2H1

well I am already old and deaf. but I read hand sign . when it had a hammer in grip :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: