2006 Fleetwood Revolution

H2H1

Re: 2006 Fleetwood Revolution

Rod have you PO a new members? I read it and I don't think so and I don't think spud racer did either. You just made a statement about what you and your family did and that it was expensive, so what, it still is my son can attest to that he has put boo coo bucks into his truck and it just sits in the garage. go figure :laugh: :approve:

C Nash

Surely spudracer didn't take that the wrong way Rod. When I read it I agreed. I think Spudracer was just agreeing that it was very very expensive. It's still in his blood and will be back in later years. Mine was on hold when the family came along. Well mines still on hold. The son has the expense now and we just enjoy :laugh:

G

well to both of u ,, i guess i took it wrong ,, sorry ,, but as u Nash ,, my son is supporting the race car ,, well at least this half ,, i put the big bucks in it to build it ,, he is only putting in the change to keep it running ,, but what the heck ,, at least i am having fun agian ,, and i told my boy this when he wanted to revive the car ,,, it's a racecar ,,, stuff will break ,, u will lose ,, u will do stupid mistakes ,, and it's part of the game ,, and u can't get down hearted and bail on the whole thing because of these ,,, and i asked him again ,, are u sure ,, and he said yes ,, and now here we are ,, but me i'm watching this time around ,, but the wife made me promise not to get on him about stuff ,, and i won't ,, i'll share what i know to help him better himself in the car ,,, but I WILL NOT jump him for anything he may do ,, it's racing ,, and there are prolly 374912334455667836789 things that can go wrong and will ,, but it's the game and he chose to play ,, and i'll help anyway i can ,,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) ;)

H2H1

Rod I personally think race car that don't have major sponsorship is a money pit. I also think owning a MH is a money pit, but what we choose to do, we take all the cost that goes with it. My son has a truck that he keeps throwing money into it and it illegal to drive on the street and he doesn't race it, but he enjoys tinkering with it and as long as the GKs are taken care of he do what ever he want to with his money.

Spudracer

RE: 2006 Fleetwood Revolution

Not wanting to bump this thread to the top, but we DID pick up our 06' Revolution, and had an awesome time with it at Stone Mountain, GA. I can't believe how quiet it is compared to the gasser, and feels like it glides OVER the road, not bouncing DOWN the road. No problems with it yet, and have already found and fixed a huge list of "little things" each makes it feel a little bit more special.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

H2H1

well congrat Tom on your Fleetwood, BTW where did you stay when in Stone Mountain? last year we stayed in the state park and it was terrible and very un level and the site was very small. but above glad you are enjoying your Fleetwood

Spudracer

I didn't know there was more than one place to stay at Stone Mountain. We stayed at the RV park. The site wasn't very level, but good enough.

New question, I checked the generator oil level today, and the oil was as black as charcoal. Is that normal for diesel oil to be so black?! I have an Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel, and just ordered a new oil/fuel/air filter (plus a spare oil filter for the road) from the factory to tune up the generator.

Another problem discovered, the Propane sensor inside the coach keeps going off. It'll go off 5-10 times per hour. I get down on my knees and smell, but smell no propane. I ended up disconnecting it just for now while I figure this out. Does anyone know of an aftermarket Propane detector so I can verify the presence/absence of a leak? Next trip out is to Charlotte, NC in 8 days.

Thanks all for the wonderful advise.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

H2H1

mine goes off when the batteries are low. if it's not pluged in try that some time that works on mine also

Paul235

This is a blatant piece of spam but it only benefits you and your genset. Check the following link for a great product to ensure the long life of your diesel. The right filter and the right oil is the best way. Thousands of commercial truck fleets and private diesel owners rely on it. 25,000 miles between changes, and yes I am biased because I sell it but it truly is the best.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g1301.pdf

Spudracer

I have put synthetic oil in every vehicle I have ever owned. Usually Mobil1. I cherish this new Revolution more than any other vehicle I have ever owned (except my beloved 69 Charger R/T SE!). This is the only vehicle I do NOT plan to run synthetic in. I know very little about diesels, but have been studying hard. I know that the oil in diesel engines has more responsibilities than mere cooling and lubrication as in a gasser. I plan to replace my oil yearly in both the gen set and the engine. Changing that frequently, I do not see much of an advantage for synthetic oil. I personally think it would be unwise to go beyond the manufacture's interval recommendations because you are using synthetic. That said, I do NOT want to turn this thread into yet another conventional vs. synthetic oil debate.

Ready for yet another question? My factory in-dash stereo is adequate (for now) to listen to the radio and CDs, but does NOT have a Aux jack to use an iPod or XM radio. I primarily use my iPod or XM radio, and feel like I've moved back to the stone ages having to scan constantly for a suitable radio station. It is actually quite distracting when driving. In my gasser I used a Garmin 7500 and drew XM from that and ran it directly into the in-dash radio (that I installed) which had a aux input up front. WHY CAN'T MANUFACTURERS MAKE THEM STANDARD ON ALL RADIOS?!?!?! My new 07 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon has an aux input up front.

Back to my question. I hate using FM modulators, because near major cities there are stations on virtually every frequency, and I spend more time searching for a frequency that isn't being used, plus I pick up interference from all the other technomongers driving besides me (though it's nice to hear what others are listening to from time to time). Does anyone know of a product that I can somehow hardwire into my factory stereo to hard-wire an XM radio or iPod to the stereo?

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Pillaz

Tom,
I had the same problem as I like xm I just replaced the in dash stereo. for about $180 you can replace the factory stereo with an alpine. that has an extra input in the back for the xm and a "jack" in the front for your ipod. It also comes with a remote which I leave in the back bedroom so that I can listen to music and change songs while resting, reading or spending quiality time with the DW.

Paul235

I have yet to put XM in the rig but it will be there for fulltiming. I have replaced the In dash unit with one that plays reg CD's, MP3 CD's, has an audio in for direct hookup to MP3 player and a USB port for input from any thumb/flash drive. Evrything hooks up on front face to make it easy. Also has AM HD. Displays station name/call sign and song/recording/MP3 Tag info. About a $100 through Best Buy.

TexasClodhopper

Tom, as Jim said, the most economical and easiest solution is to change out the radio. I had the same desire and ran my Garmin 7200 into the radio also.

Since my son is knowledgeable in such things, we added a really good speaker set (woofers, tweeters, etc.) at the same time.

I can run everyone out of the front when I crank it up! :clown:

Spudracer

NEXT QUESTION...

On my last vacation to Charlotte, I stopped at a Love's truck stop and weighted each tire, each axle, and obtained my overall weight. According to Goodyear's web site for the 670 tire size I have (295/80 22.5), my tire pressures should only be 90psi in the front, and 80psi in the rear. I found the pressures near that when we purchased it, and the tires looked a little low in the front, so I had aired them up to 105 in the front, and 100psi in the rear. Max tires pressures for all tires is 125psi.

Here's the question. Will I see a noticeable difference in mileage if I leave the pressures as they are? I DID notice the bumps a little more than before, but it's not annoying. If I won't see any difference, I'll probably air down to 95psi in the fronts, and 85psi in the rears. Will I wear the center of the tires out by going up a little higher on pressures? Any advise much appreciated.

Since the gas prices went up, I have my 07 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited tires aired to 45PSI (max pressures) and DID notice a 2-3 mpg increase at the pump. As for wearing the tires out on the jeep, I sure hope so. The wife agreed to let me shod her (not the wife) with bigger tires, but not until the original ones are worn out. BF Goodrich makes a long lasting tire, so anything I can do to wear them out faster, I'm all for it! She currently has about 9000 miles, and the tires look almost new... :disapprove:

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Sloopie1

Just now finding this forum so, hopefully, you have found the switch you were looking for. In case you haven't, on our 2004 40C Revolution, the switch is located just slightly behind the passengers side on the bottom of the cabinet. It is a toggle switch - to the left (or front) to close - to the back (or right) to open. This switch will not work until you have built up sufficient air pressure. Once you have the air, as some other contributor mentioned, when it closes, it IS like a guillotine so make sure nothing is either in the "well" or coming up the stairs. You can open it manually - should you not have air pressure, by grabbing the end of it and physically pushing it back into its slot. Hope this helps.

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Sloopie 1. Sure hope he has found it by now as it was 2008 when he was looking. LOL