2007 Dodge 3500 Chassis Cab

DL Rupper

It's Christmas time. Dodge is introducing a new (2007) 3500 Chassis Cab.
Here it comes: Powered by a 2007 emissions compatible 6.7 liter Cummins Diesel . Get ready: They are coupling this Cummins engine to a AISIN AS68RC 6spd automatic transmission. The transmission will have 4.10 rear end gears. The new Cummins Turbo will have internal capabilities, with optional instrument panel controls, to brake the vehicle better than the aftermarket butterfly exhaust brakes currently being installed.

Now the bad news: The 2500/3500 pick-ups won't initially have the new automatic transmissions, but will probably have the new 2007 emissions ready 6.7 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel. CAN the automatic tranny be far behind? :laugh:

Shadow

RE: 2007 Dodge 3500 Chassis Cab

Roll them windows down DL. Think your cab is full of diesel fumes. :laugh: What we going to do with him Chelse? So what was the good news again? :clown:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: 2007 Dodge 3500 Chassis Cab

DL, I have read about the truck you describe. Sounds great except for one thing. Because of the new Diesel Regulations, the larger Cummins will have the same horsepower as the current engine. I don't remember about torque, but I don't think it changes much, if any.

DL Rupper

RE: 2007 Dodge 3500 Chassis Cab

Hey GTS, you're right about horsepower and torque. Not sure why regulations would prohibit/restrict Dodge to the same ratings on new 2007 as their 2006 model while Chev Duramax/Allison stays at 360/650? :dead:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Actually, at this time, the Duramax has not been approved for the new regulations. GM is going to continue to build what they have until Jan. by calling the trucks "2007 classics". Hopefully they will get it together soon.

Also, the Dodge you talked about is only a cab/chassis. I had a shopper the other day say he had a Mega Cab dually that was a short wheel base. I had not heard of that combination.

These new regulations are really something to comply with. I hope not, but I bet they cause a lot of problems for everyone. The new Trailer Life mentions the new Ford engine and they say it will use new injectors that help it meet the regulations. They are calling them Piezo injectors. Sounds like trouble to me. Trailer Life says it won't be on the market untill early next year, so Ford buyers will have to wait also.

DL Rupper

What I read is that the "2007" Dodge CTD 2500/3500 pick-ups will not initially have the 6spd auto trans and that the engine is closely held info. However, if the 6.7 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine complies with the 2007 regs, then it will be in the pick-ups when they are released. I just stuck this thread up on the forum for fun. I'm keeping my 2003 Dodge CTD since it continues to run good. I just hope the new very low sulfer fuel doesn't do strange and not wonderful things to my fuel system/engine. The one weak link in the older Dodge CTD's is the fuel lift/transfer pumps. I understand the new fuel will cleanout the old fuel systems and gas station tanks and that for a while you really need to change the on board fuel filters often. In fact, Cummins has a new fiter that will work on the older engines in the Dodge CTDs and will fiter to 7 microns instead of 10 micros as current filters do.