2014 29QB Coachman AC issues

Highway 395

Hello everyone,
I recently acquired a family members 2014 29QB Coachman, and a issue with the AC started. AC wont start up with shore power or generator, i tried running it with generator but the generator boggs out when i turn the AC on. I'm assuming its the capacitor, this brings me to the question of electrical, my EMS Protector coded stating OPEN GROUND. Would a bad capacitor trigger that code or is there something relative to a faulty wire. I tried trouble shooting it myself and I found something that made me scratch my head, on driver side of vehicle where the extension cord pulls from, I have a 30amp plug in. I have to use that plug in to run the AC , while the generator is on other wise the AC wont turn on. But with the new AC issue, I wanted to check Continuity on the 30 am plug, so i pulled out my multimeter and for some reason the plug wires have continuity to each other. example if I touch the Ground wire and black wire the multimeter beeps. if i touch the black and white wire it beeps, if I touch the Ground and white wire it beeps. is that common for a 30amp plug on an RV? i appricaite all the help i can get Thanks.