3 way fridge

JGS

I am having problems with my 3 way fridge. The freezer parts works very well in "electric" mode but the fridge part doesn't seem very cold. Also, a bigger problem. I can't seem to keep the fridge working at all in "propane" mode. I can see that it is lighting but it doesn't stay lite. I know on a furnace, if you are having that problem that you need to replace the thermo coupler. Is this the same problem? Is there a thermo coupler on a fridge? We took it apart last summer and inserted a metal wire inside the tube hoping to improve things but it obviously didn't help.

I would be very appreciative of any hints on getting this thing up and running. This fridge by the way is in a Class "B" camperized Pleasure-Way Van if that is of any importance.

Again, thank you.

Joyce S.

DL Rupper

Re: 3 way fridge

Hey Joyce S, Ken (Grandview Trailer Sales) or Rod(730) should be able to help you on this. I believe the fridge does have a thermocoupler. It sounds like the propane is cutting out.

elkhartjim

I like to begin with the simple things....you do have plenty of propane? Go ahead and post manufacturer, from experience thats one of the first things Ken and Rod will ask. This board has made me so smart....I know to ask anything because someone will have an answer.

JGS

My fridge is a Dometic RM2301 and yes, I have lots of propane. How about it guys, any suggestions?

thx
Joyce

DL Rupper

My dometic fridge did that a few years back and there was a problem with the circuit board, but it will take a technician to check that.

ARCHER

Try cleaning the contacts on the circuit board and try again to cool. Just a thought

JGS

RE: SUCCESS 3 way fridge

Well we found a manual on the internet and we think we have it working properly now. It's hard to tell because we live in Calgary and it's COLD right now. We think the problem was with the burner as when we removed it, there was a full teaspoon of crude that fell out. We cleaned all the parts and things are looking good.

So thanks to those who got my brain working to figure out how to go about finding and fixing the problem.

G

RE: SUCCESS 3 way fridge

well good for u ,, i'm glad u found the prob u'r self ,, man my service call would have cost u more than a new fridge ,, anyway ,, since u found crud ,, i would blow out the burner unit with compressed air ,, when u get a chance ,, it won't hurt anything ,, no ,, strike that ,, use a shop vac instead (what was i thinking) suck all the stuff out ,,, and make sure little bugs or mice didn't get up in there and start a home ,, but agian glad u found the prob ,, and bty i was just joshing u on the service call,, if u stick around here long enough ,, u'll see we get silly ,, but we do get serious ;) :approve: :approve: :evil: :laugh: :laugh: