3 weeks and counting

G

Re: 3 weeks and counting

we are also now 10 days away from a month on the sands of the beach ,, and hollis ,, if i bathe in the ocean ,, that means food for the next day :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,, but no really ,, our shower is to small to really use ,, and besides that the CG has great showers ,, (not like MR) but they will do ,, only thing we have packed (well me anyway) is my clothes ,, but my beach clothes stay in the MH all yr ,, daughter and wife ,,, well they have not even thought of what they are taking yet ,, we buy food and such once we get to where we are ,, no use having stuff spoil if something goes wrong with the refer ,, besides that ,, we will usally buy fish and such at a local market or butcher ,, that way it is fresh ,, but i can't wait to go ,, and one other thing ,, so glad we are spending an month there once agian ,, even though we are not staying at one place ,, and if i get the urge ,, we might even stay a bit longer ,, who knows ,, we have nothing tying us down now ,, so ,, i guess this is the start of part time rving ,, but i can't retire ,, if i do that all those 70 to 80 a night resorts will be outta the question ,, and i can't have that ,, i like my comfort and other places just don't have that IMO ,, and i will not stay anywhere there is alot of trees ,, hate trees even at the house ,, makes cleaning the MH up after a trip even worse ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

well I have 5 days and a awake up and it's off to Fla. and I am getting excited about it. This our first trip out for the year and I can't wait .We want be out for a month as Rod, but we will be there about a week, then it up North Georgia mountains and TN mountains and hoping for cooler weather We really don't know where we are going when we go North. but who cares as long as we are out. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

hollis come on down we got cool weather already ,, next 2 days ,, night in the upper 40's and days in the lower 70's ,, man i can't wait till summer ,, but from what i have seen MB is not much better ,, highs are only in the upper 60's and nights are in the 50's ,, but u never know what the real feel temps are when u are on the ocean ,, kinda like the weather and rain report from the airports :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

well i am still waiting ,, ready to go ,, Wife bought me some bud light lime ,, i guess it was to get me primed for the beach ,, i like that beer ,, but to me nothing better then Landshark with lime and salt ,, and also Corona with the same ,, but there again there is the beach bar we can always go to for really good drinks ,, and if u spend enough with them ,, they will bring a drink to u on the beach ,, but in a concealed cup ,, boooze is not allowed on the beach in SC ,, but other then mid season ,, i have never seen them enforce that rule ,, they have told a few to pour it out ,, but those that did always had more ,, Horry County police drive the beach all day long ,, worse in the middle of the season ,, but they are cool ,, they never get in any bodies face about what they are drinking ,, just ask them not to do it again ,, and that's it ,, all they need now is a ocean swim up bar :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek: :eek:

G

well less then 2 and 1/2 days to go ,, and still the other 2 of our family are not ready ,, all but the last minute cks and i am ready to go ,, we are gonna leave around 1am tues morning ,, that way it will put us in PL around 8 or 9am ,, and once we get set up ,, we can enjoy the beach our first day ,, but no umbrellas and chairs yet ,, they don't put those out till thurs the week before Mem day ,, but oh well ,, weather looks good so far ,, highs in the upper 80's lows in the 70's ,, and all sun ,, the surf is kinda flat though ,, but maybe it will pick up ,, i hope so ,, i want a few good practice sessons on the board ,, before i head out at night on stealth missions ,, i still have not gotten used to this board ,, so i need all the practice i can get :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :bleh:

H2H1

well Rod I am here sitting in the ocean drinking my margaritas and watching the sun set. Had a few Millers earlier in the day. ALL well down here . If can get up early enough I might go deep sea fishing. Have fun, as I know we are. Man it been way to long. :laugh: :laugh:

G

well hope u do get to go deep sea fishing ,, if u do go make sure the capt takes u way out to sea ,, like the one i went on with my son ,, it was a full 12 hr cruise ,, but if u go ,, u will enjoy ,, me i am just sitting on ready ,, i am almost thinking about heading out tomm night around 10pm or so ,, and spending the nights in walmart near PL ,, :eek: :eek: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:
Btw Hollis ,, besure to take some pics of u 'in' the ocean u did type that u were in it ,, i want to see that :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
But i would like to really see some pics of the sand and ocean where u all are staying ,, i might be interested in staying there also ,, i know i can't due to being Gov and such ,, but i would just like to see what the beach is like there ,, and the waves at u'r alls place ,, if that is ok with u ,, :)

G

well less then 4 hrs to go ,, and i am hitting the road ,, i am not gonna sleep ,, just stay up and go ,, got plenty of red bulls and Lynn is making coffee for us ,, so i should be ok ,, there is always the truck stop coffee ,, and the rest area coffee ,, but i am gonna push it a little more this yr ,, i want to be in the CG and set up and on the beach by atleast noon ,, ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
One other thing ,, i will have wifi tomm night ,, we paid for it as part of the deal we got ,, and as soon as i get it set up ,, i will be on here ,, might even type at u all from the shore :cool: :) :)

H2H1

Well Rod I hope you get there safely. I know how excited you are about getting there. WE are having a blast. Kept GKs one night and a day, now they are at the other grand parents condo for a few days, so the mother and dad can once again act like newly weds. The weather is great except the humidity is setting in, the temp are in the hight eighties, with a cool breeze. I thinkk we are going to head home tomorrow repack and head up North HOPEFULLY A LOT COOLER. EVERYONE TAKE CARE BE BACK ON LATER.

G

good deal hollis ,, we finally made it ,, left at 2am ,, and was running ahead of schedule ,, and then bam ,, we sat on I20 for more then 4 hrs ,, they had a 2 semi truck wreck ,, and it closed the whole east bound side down ,, and we were stuck in the middle ,, no place to turn around not even and exit close ,, but we made it ,, cked in around 4 got set up ,, lynn went and bought food ,, and i walked the beach ,, i will have pics in the album the next few days ,, so stay posted ,, my beach time has just begun :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :cool: :cool:

H2H1

WELL we are home now, resting and looking at a time frame we can head to the GA., TN. mountains to cool off. I been in the 90's here, heck even the pool is to hot to get in.. But first got to go to Charleston and help my son move into his bigger house, why he wanted a bigger one is beyoung me. We are going to do a low country boils for my birthday around the 18 of June, then I hope to get the heck out of town.

G

come on down here with me .. hollis ,, i will still be here till the 24 of june ,, and the weather will be even better by then ,, heck ,,i might even tech u how to body board :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No ,, really the weather has been great ,, and our life guard is a knock out ,, but does not know much english ,, and to me that is pretty bad ,, IMO ,, what if they radio her for a rescue and she does not understand ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

ok day 3 of the beach trip ,, today was windy ,, waves were wind blown ,, nothing worth even getting in the water for :( ,, but i did walk almost 117 miles today on the beach ,, i walked from the chair sight we have to MB resort ,, and then back and then all the way to Apache pier , the walking monitor i had on said 116.3 ,, i am gonna drive it in the car tomm and see how close it is :eek:
Tomm if the weather is good ,, i plan to spend at least 3 to 4 hrs on the waves ,, i gotta practice on the new board due to the fact that there is a big surf party on sat night ,, and i know there will be alot of challenges out on the water ,, so i need to get the feel for the board ,, cause at 2am in the morning u can't see the waves u have to feel them ,, and if u are not on u'r board right ,, u'r gonna be fish food :eek:
infact i might just go out there in a few and see how bad i do in the dark ,, that way i know where i stand as far as what i need to work on ,, the waves are pounding right now ,, can hear them as i am typing ,, all windows are open in the MH ,, and man does it sound good :cool: :approve:
More to follow :approve:

H2H1

Rod you need to get that WALKING MONITOR thing re-calibrated or reset it each day,116.3 or 117 is a lot on miles to walk in a days time.

G

well maybe ,, hollis ,, but all i know is when i was at MB resort our chair area could not even be seen ,, and the peir did not exist ,, when u walk on the beach u walk and don;t realize how far u really walk ,, but i am gonna ck it by car tomm to see how far it is from where i am ,, to the resort then back to the pier ,, and i will let u know ;) :approve:
but that is one thing i will do when down here ,, i walk the beach ,, just something i have to do ,, get board sitting when i can't be out on the ocean ,, but that is me ,, i can't stand to sit still ,, i have to be doing something ,, and i guess walking is my way of taking up the day :approve: :approve:

H2H1

hey no problem with walking, I wished I was there to walk with you. I know I need to walk more than I do and that would be a good place to do it.

G

btw ,, after i read what i posted,,, the post was spose to be 11.6 miles ,, not 116 ,, sorry :(
well day 4 ,, was on the beach by 7am ,, no boarding today ,, this place is packed and so is the beach ,, and i would hate to hit a kid i can not see while riding a wave ,, also went pier fishing today ,, not much luck ,, caught 2 ,, a sea drum ,, and a sea bass ,, but nothing worth keeping ,, oh well
gonna post pics now ,, and as we go ,, more to come ;) :cool: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

well see if you can get back on tonight. also no pictures yet on the album section here.

akjimny

Yeah, Rod, a 116 mile walk on the beach would have pretty much eaten up all your vacation. :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

to much bright sun and coronas impaired his vision :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: