30-50 amp hookups

Norman

I have an 86 Bounder. my question is about the 30 or 50 amp connections at the RV parks. I'm assuming I have a 30 amp electrical system. Can I hook up to 50 amps without a problem or should I be looking at a reducer?

Gary B

30-50 amp hookups

HI Norman, unless someone changed your electrical system you have 30 amp, have a coulpe of adapters can come in handy, a 15 amp to 30 and a 50 amp to 30, 15 amp is like normal household outlets are sometimes you'll run into a CG with only 15 amp, when useing 15 amps you don't want to run the air, likewise you cpuld run into a CG with only 50 amp plug in's, with the 50 to 30 adapter you have full 30 amp and thats all so just like a 30 amp hookup. Welcome to the forum. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:
30 amp male plug is much larger than 15 amp and will have 3 prongs 2 flat one at an angle and a round one, 50 amp is a little larger and has 4 prongs.

Kirk

30-50 amp hookups

One other thing that you need to stay aware of is that voltage is an issue that you need to be very aware of. If you are in an older RV park the voltage could be low and if it is less than 108V is is not a good idea to operate the airconditioner. So carry a meter and check the voltage each time before you plug in.

Kirk

30-50 amp hookups

One other thing that you need to stay aware of is that voltage is an issue that you need to be very aware of. If you are in an older RV park the voltage could be low and if it is less than 108V is is not a good idea to operate the airconditioner. So carry a meter and check the voltage each time before you plug in.

Kirk

30-50 amp hookups

Kirk

30-50 amp hookups