5th Wheel control & braking

BirdBather

SPECIAL NOTE TO START: "I don"t sell anything. This just a query to see if there is any interest in these subjects."

All 5th wheel tongue weight is on rear axle of truck. Take half and move it to front axles and great things happen. Solid, hug the road, feeling, stops swaying-lurching-rocking, feels like a limo!! Now there is only half as much weight on rear axle!!

And braking is much much better and safer. (no out of control feeling on panic stops).

How do I know? I have made a device that does all this and it's the only one in existence. (Patent is pending and imminent)

This entry is the first data posted on the web on this subject. Hope someone cares???

C Nash

I no longer tow a fifth but, it sounds like a good product if it works and does not take up a lot of room. Anything that improves stopping is a plus. I can see it working if it does shift some weight to the front. Good luck on the patent.

the_vfox

I don't have a problem now, my trailer and truck stop just fine even during panic stops.

:cool:

DL Rupper

I Got enough weight up front. My diesel engine puts plenty of weight up there. Thanks any way.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Would be curious to know more, but if the hitch is positioned correctly (2-3 inches in front of rear axle), not ALL of the weight is on the rear. Some is shifted to the front just by being located in front of the axle. I do agree that most is on the rear and would like to know how something apparently mounted in the bed of the truck could take half of the weight off. More information please.

BirdBather

How does weight get from the bed of the truck over the axle to the front of the truck???
ANSWER: The device establishes a "four bar coupling" from the truck to the 5th wheel trailer. Specifically it makes a second connection to the trailer remote from the normal hitch in the bed. This enables torque pressure to be applied to the truck frame and force weight to the front wheels. It lifts the back of the truck in similar way that the familiar "Easy Lift Hitch" used on rear end ball connected trailers. The "Ease Lift" uses the spring bars to torque weight to the front wheels providing better control and breaking for receiver/ball tow type trailers.

This device goes further than that. First some background.
I believe we have become accustomed to "driver fatigue" as a normal thing that we have to put up with. Especially when you are herding a 40 or 50 ft rig at high speeds in traffic, winds etc.

I have found that this "fatigue" is "not normal" and it can be lessened a great deal.

Cause of fatigue, STRESS. One major cause of stress, continual uncontrollable movements both large and small in the driving compartment of your vehicle.

Even a tiny uneven-ness in the road surface, no roads are flat, causes movement between the truck and the trailer. No matter how small these movements are your neck and back muscles work to keep your head fixed in position. Some may say this is nonsense. OK but I know it is factual because I have proven there is a better way.

Suppose when you are travelling in a straight line a steel beam could be run under and fastened to your truck and trailer from front to back? Then you would have a vehicle with a 40-50' wheel base. Obviously the forward/back rocking movements in the cab would be reduced to near zero.

The steel beam method didn't work!!! However there is a way to obtain the same effect by making a second "rigid" connection to the trailer. As soon as a patent number is issued I will provide all data. Watch this site as I will answer all queries and update regularly. Hope I can get more comments!! (good or bad or whatever)