5th wheel hitches

JDHDKID

I'm looking to buy a new 5th wheel hitch. I have a 2005 F350 LONG BED,I'm looking at a 16K signature Series buy Draw-Tite with the rails under the bed, so I have a clean bed when the hitch is out. I have been told that the Husky hitch is a better hitch'it's made by Valley (I think). I'm new at this we have a new 2004 31ft alumascape 5th wheel and now a 2005 F350 6.0 so all we need is the hitch. Does anyone have any info.
Thanks, JDHDKID

Grandview Trailer Sa

5th wheel hitches

Hello there, I use the Reese Signature 18K (same as Draw-Tite) in my '04 GMC. I love it. The locking arm wraps around the pin so there is no way of unhooking. Taking it out is very easy and the bed is clean without any rails. The 16k does not have any side to side pivot. The 18K does pivot side to side.
We have installed a lot of these since I put mine in, and everyone is happy. In my opinion, this is a far better hitch than Reese or Drawtite have had in the past, I have used them too. Never any problems, just did not like the clam-jaw lock of the older hitches.
Go ahead and get your hitch, you will love it too. Just look into the 18K for side to side head movement. If I can help more, let me know.

JDHDKID

5th wheel hitches

Thanks for the info, I will look into the 18k. It was my understanding that the 16k also had a 4 way pivot head but I will look into that.
I want a hitch that will last and one that I will be happy with.

Thanks Again, JDHDKID