5th wheels

TJBLOOM

My husband and I are looking for the shortest possible 5th wheel to purchase. We want to pull a boat also behind. We are ready to buy but we can't seem to find anything shorter than 26 feet. Does anyone know of any shorter ones?

Pillaz

Re: 5th wheels

Might want to think about a motorhome. Depending on the size of the boat. Classc or A. You may be able to find one used and in good condition for a very resoanble price. Thats what I did. You can see pics in Albut section.
All of the 5th I see are all very long.
Good luck with your search and let us know how you make out.

Welcome to the forum. :laugh:

TJBLOOM

We have a motorhome now. We bought a new truck because everytime we wanted to go somewhere we have to pack up our camp and leave. We want to be able to unhook the camper and run to town or just go out. So we were hoping to find a small 5th wheel camper, but haven't found shorter ones. Thanks for the reply.

TJBLOOM

Well, we have had a pick-up camper before. But we are selling our motorhome and we have purchased a new 1/2 ton truck. So we are looking for a lighter, shorter 5th wheel. Thanks for the reply.

LEN

If you are only going with a 1/2 ton pickup you do not have the capacity for a 5th wheel and a boat unless it is a like 12' alum. and you can put that on top of the 5th wheel. And if the boat is small enough put it on top of the pickup and tow the pickup.

LEN

C Nash

Have you checked Artic Fox, Nash think they are the same just different part of the country. Might also ck Bigfoot and Scamp. I would also think twice about towing a 5th wheel and boat. Good luck

TexasClodhopper

I'm sorry if this wrinkles your feelings, but I'm saying this more for those that might read this thread later on. Perhaps they will follow a better plan.

I don't understand the process of first buying something and THEN going out to ask for advice on what to get.

Again, I'm not picking on you guys, but get on the forums BEFORE you buy the major components of your next RV.

My 1/2 ton truck is really maxed out pulling a 2800 pound pontoon boat. I can't imagine pulling a 5th wheel and a boat even if they're both "small".

DARLING

There are many states that will NOT let you tow 2 items at the same time. Safety & all that.

Darlin :cool:

Shadow

Texas allows you to tow two trailers. We had a 27' Cougar 5th wheel and towed our boat all the time. No problems at all. Boat tracked right in line with the 5th wheel. If the 5th wheel cleared the boat would. Worked the same way as hauling two or three cotton trailers. Of course you could never back up. See it all the time down here. Wouldn't think a half ton truck is up to the task..

C Nash

Butch, you mean that Ford would tow both :eek: :laugh: ;) . Sure you was not towing them with that Chevelle :laugh:

C Nash

TJBLoom what kind of boat are you planning on towing and what 1/2 ton truck do you have? Maybe if we know this we might could recomend something but still don't think you can tow both with a 1/2 ton and be safe. Where will you be towing?

Shadow

Shirley was pushing with the Chevelle!! :eek: :clown: That's why I could never back it up. :laugh:

DL Rupper

I think the Nash is a less costly version of the Artic Fox. They also make the Desert Fox.

jetboat

RE: 5th wheels

if this is your first trailer,and want to also pull a boat! remember,theres a total length that most states have.