6.0 Diesel Problem

MisterMel

I have a 2004 FX4 crew cab 6.0. Have had it for 10 months and have put 10,000 miles on it. Bought it with 45,000 miles on it. Been in the shop twice and today...6/10/07 it takes off sluggish and shoots out black smoke during initial acceleration. After about 2 or 3 seconds of sluggishness, it will catch and display normal power and the black smoke will go away. Anybody ever heard of this??

The previous 2 times it was in the shop within 3 weeks for the EGR Valve. This $100.00 deductible is starting to piss me off. Hell..I don't know what to do.

TexasClodhopper

Re: 6.0 Diesel Problem

I don't know what a "2004 FX4 crew cab 6.0" is.

If its a Ford, then you should do a search on the forum (and many other places). This has been discussed to death (probably 20,000 posts).

DL Rupper

Re: 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hey MisterMel, welcome to the forum. Check out Ford 6.0L Diesel Problems this forum. Everybody has problems with the 03/04 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke. Your best bet would be to sell it and start over with a Dodge CTD. :laugh: :laugh: :approve:

rvtech1

RE: 6.0 Diesel Problem

The EGR valve has ben revised a few times, how about the freeze plug, when mine goes bad thats what it does or it wont start.