6.5L diesel question

jdlnorcal

Pending my finding a copy of the GM 6.5 turbo diesel manual, can anyone tell me what are the numbers for a replacement fuel filter?
Thanks
Tom

Grandview Trailer Sa

6.5L diesel question

Sorry, my only 6.5 was a '92 model. You should be able to go to any GM dealer to get the GM number. Autozone, Advance Auto, or any parts store should be able to get an aftermarket filter.

Krazeehorse

6.5L diesel question

Ken, were the 6.5's any good? I looked at a 94 or 95 Itasca Tequila Sunrise with one in it. I had an 82 (I think)Chevy 1 ton with a 6.2 that worked well until it threw a rod out through the block. And it wasn't really abused or high miles. Anyway, that put some space between GM diesels and me for awhile.

jdlnorcal

6.5L diesel question

Krazyhorse
I just returned from Las Vegas, and when I was cruising down I 5, I looked down at the speedo and noticed it was pegged out over 85, with my 6.5 turbo. I didn't even have my foot into it. The overdirve is great on this engine. And that was in my 94 Fleetwood flair.
The more I learn about these engines, The more I'm glad I have one, instead of a Cat, of cummins.

Grandview Trailer Sa

6.5L diesel question

My '92 ran like any 454 engine I ever owned. The '93 ran good too, but in '94 the Govt. made GM change the injection system and they never had the power again. The engine was a good engine, but the fuel pump gave GM a headache. I have heard of several companies that make fuel pumps for the 6.5 that make them run real good.

Krazee, the Duramax that GM uses now is made by Isuzu. They are the largest manufacture of diesels in the world. Don't be scared of them now.

meeone2

6.5L diesel question

quote:Originally posted by jdlnorcal

Pending my finding a copy of the GM 6.5 turbo diesel manual, can anyone tell me what are the numbers for a replacement fuel filter?
Thanks
Tom
if you have not found what replacement filter you need give me the year or last eight digits of vin# and i can get you that info.you can email me with info if you like.