6 volt battery

beretaboy

I have a 1999 Wini Cheif. I want to know if you can hook up 6 6volt batteies in a series. If so, How do I go about doing it? Im new to all this and want to learn as much as possible. Thanks again and please go easy on me :)

Browzin

6 volt battery

quote:Originally posted by beretaboy

I have a 1999 Wini Cheif. I want to know if you can hook up 6 6volt batteies in a series. If so, How do I go about doing it? Im new to all this and want to learn as much as possible. Thanks again and please go easy on me :)

Go to this web site and click on connections diagram, http://www.trojan-battery.com/technology_techlib.html -- there is picture of what you can do. Also while there read all the related battery information. Trojan battery has a great deal of info available.

ARCHER

6 volt battery

Chris,
Welcome to the forum. What or why would you want to hook up "6" 6 volt batteries for? Just trying to figure it out??? :dead: ;) :cool: :laugh: :)

Kirk

6 volt battery

I believe that what Chris wants to do is to connect six, 6V batteries in a manner to get 12V out of the bank. If so, the answer is to go to series/parallel. That means that you connect pairs of batteries in series to effectively make them into three very large 12V batteries. Then you would connect the three pairs in parallel with each other.

The pairs are connected with neg. to positive, then each pair is pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. When you finsih, just to be sure you have done it right measure with your meter across the terminals where you plan to connect the load. It should measure 12V-dc.

janicenlarry

6 volt battery

In my '99 Winnie Chieftain, I settled for 12V AGM Batteries. No service, no plates shaking loose on ruff roads, plenty of juice and they drop right in place where your factory issued batteries sit. :cool: