84 Scottie?

rwc454

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any helpful info on my? I am looking at buying a 84 Scottie 18' camper the person is asking $1500.00 for it. It's in good condition with a/c,shower,porta,3 burner stove,full refr,double sink...etc. Who makes scottie trailers? And where do I start to get replacement parts.

Gary B

84 Scottie?

Hi rwc454, Scottie trailer etc were built in Pa. by Serro Scottie RV RD 2 Rockwood Pa. 15557, they had a fire at the factory in 1997 and to my knowledge never rebuilt. They started building TT's in the early 60 or maybe earlier, as far as I know they were good well built rv's, they built TT, 5th wheels and motorhomes. In 1984 they made a 17' and a 19.5' average retail is about $1400.00 so the price is right in the ball park. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum and RVing. :) :approve:

rwc454

84 Scottie?

Thanks GaryB for the info. I visited the nearest RV dealer about 2 hr drive. The guy could'nt think of the company but assured me that they were no longer making TT's. He also said they were a good built TT. The price is definatly right but I'm not going to buy because of the parts issue. Will continue looking. Hopefully "fingers crossed" We will find something. Thanks again.

sp

84 Scottie?

Hi Folks, I’m on my second camper since April of 2002. They are both 1976’s. The first was a 21’ Shasta and it ran me $2,000 and I ended up replacing a good section of floor and interior ceiling. We used it once, parked it, and a tree went though it. The second is a 24’ Prowler and ran me $800 that I’m trying to get ready to go to the races in late October. Check this little site out for pictures of what you may run into once you get the late model home. http://www.msnusers.com/HeyPlanchone/shoebox.msnw Rain is a pain in the butt but that is what the gallons of goop and Home Depot are for. If you are handy or have friends that are, you should not have any problems. We rebuilt a water heater on the first one and just reworked the water heater on the “new one” yesterday. The refrigerators are identical so if need be I’ll use one for parts. You may want to keep your eye open for another one to use for parts. Your local RV parts dealer should have a catalog that is about an inch thick with most of the goodies you need. At least we do in CT/RI. If it has a Falkner awning pray that it works properly and doesn’t need parts. I can’t even find an end cap so I can get it to ratchet back to the closed position. Sorry I’m all over the place, my head is still in the camper. I’m trying to figure out how the electronic brakes breakaway system works. Any ideas?? Drop me a note if you need anything specific. We’ll see what we can come up with.
sp

Gary B

84 Scottie?

rwc454, I wouldn't worry that much about parts as many things that might need replacing are generic, such as the roof vents, tail lights, furnace, refer, stove/oven, water heater converter, lights, wheel axles and brakes. Things like fender wells if any windows, door(s) can be obtained thur other sources such as www.all-rite.com or salvage yards. Just saying if the trailer is in good condition and you like the layout and the price is right, you may what to give it a second look, good luck. :)