93 Coronado blows landline gfi

melreck

When hooked to shore power, the House GFI trips. I went out and turned off all switches and reset gfi, then turned on switches one by one and had son watch gfi in house. It tripped as soon as I turned on the Microwave switch, un-plugged microwave and after a while gfi tripped again. Could problem be in the coach circuit breaker/switch to the microwave? or do I have a convertor problem? Any help is appreciated. Mel

hertig

Don't know what the problem was, but I had similar problems pluggin my 2001 Terry into a GFI. Finally I gave up and plugged it into another outlet which was not GFI. No more problems.

Kirk

Your converter has nothing to do with the microwave. If the GFI does not trip with the circuit breaker that supplies the microwave open ("It tripped as soon as I turned on the Microwave switch,") then there is some problem in that circuit. The converter changes 120V-ac into 12V-dc power and is not connected in any way to the microwave or it's circuit.

GFI panels open due to current leakage that creates a mismatch between what is supplied by the hot lead and what returns on the neutral lead. If it trips, there is a problme somewhere. It doesn't take much, but it has to be there.