94 Coachman questions

snappydresser

New owner of a 94 Coachman Class B van and I have a million question. Would like to talk to a current or past owner of a Coachman van. Is their any way to trouble shoot a non-working refrigerator without pulling the whole unit out? :)

G

RE: 94 Coachman questions

What model is it ,, and what type of probs are having with it???
welcome to the forum.. please post us back .. :approve: :)

snappydresser

As far as I can tell Coachman only made one Class B in 1994 (now discontinued) the only difference in the model would be kitchen in front or in back of the van. Mine is on Chevy chaise. The only problem is that the frig doesn't work. RV center wants to pull frig unit out to find problem, is this the answer? Is there an auxiliary battery? :)

G

I ment ,, what type of fridge is it ,(sorry) is it Norcold or Dometic ,, IMO i don't see pulling the fridge ,, if u don't smell any amonia ,, it could be a sinple board or element prob ,, but please post us back on the brand fridge ,, and the probs u have ,, via on gas ,, on electric or on 12volt ... :)

Yes u do have a aux batt ,, it is called the house battery ,, it is what powers all the stuff inside u'r rv ,, Are u having probs with that also???? :)

snappydresser

Thanks for your response, the frig is a Dometic and that model has been discontinued as well--sure would like to get it working. I have about decided to buy an electric cooler and forget the frig but I hate wasting the space. Any suggentions. Not really having any problems other than frig not working, I think I found the 'house battery' under chasie on drivers side. Looks like its in a rusty metal box. Am I supposed to take it out in the winter and keep it charged? I didn't. I am planning to take the van to an RV repair shop and have them do my first anti-freeze (came with anti-freeze in toliet and water tank) drain and fill with fresh water so I will know how to do it in the future that's my main concern. :)

snappydresser

Well I answered my own question. The reason the frig wouldn't work is because the previous owner cut the wire. I don't know what the reason was but I purchased the van with the assurance that everything was working. I figure he must have been having problems with it and that was the quickest solution. I wish more Class B people would weight in on this forum I know your out there.

G

did u repair the wire?? and if so does the fridge work now ,,, please let us know
;) :) :) :)

LakeConroePenny

I have a Coachmen Class B. Howdy !
Maybe he cut the wire as the fridge was propane/12v and he just used it on propane to stop running his back battery down, when parked. He might have forgotton to switch to gas, too many times, and cut the wire so that it couldn't be used.
So does your fridge work now ?
Happy Trails, Penny, TX