97 LTV widebody coach battery not charging.

jetdog23

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Leisure Travel freedon widebody 19'. When I plug it in all the appliances that are on the battery will only run off the battery then drain it. It also doesnt charge the battery. It will however charge the battery when the engine is running.
Can anyone help me to solve this? I am not really mechanically inclined so an easy explaination would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

Dave

Triple E

RE: 97 LTV widebody coach battery not charging.

Do you have a generator? Need to know more about your electrical system. Might have a manual power switch or an auto power switch. Is your charging system hooked up for 110VAC?

G

RE: 97 LTV widebody coach battery not charging.

well jetdog .. first off welcome to the forum ,,, and also did this just start all of a sudden ,,, when was the last time u actaully did a load test on the batteries ,,, the alt from the engine will not give the house batts a good enough charge to keep them alive to run stuff in the rv ,,, i would first ,,, ck breakers ,, and if ok ,, unhook the house batts ,, and if u have a meter ,, with the rv plugged in ,, see what u are getting at the cable ends ,, if nothing ,, back to cking the breakers ,, also ,, do u hear u'r converter fan come on ,,, and if u can find u'r converter see what brand it is ,,, some have been failing ,, but also have been replaced under warranty ,, i have done 4 myself ,, and all were on FR products ... but let us know back on what u find
:approve: :approve: :) :)

jetdog23

Re: 97 LTV widebody coach battery not charging.

Thank you for your responses. The RV has no generator and I was plugged in to 110v outlet. I havent done a load test on the RV but I took it to an RV dealer in CA and they gave ithe electrical system a clean bill of health. I'm not sure if the charging system is set up for 110VAC.....im not even sure how to check. I did check the ck breakers and all were operating. There was one round breaker on the bottom that wasnt labled and had a 20 on it, but I couldnt get it out to check it. I have heard there may be a switch or a breaker under the hood but I couldnt find anything...I also didnt know what I was looking for. I didnt hear any kind of fan running...would that be in the coach part or under the hood? Once again, thank you VERY much for taking the time to help.

G

where u'r breakers are ,, is where the converter is ,, it also should have some fuses ,, like the ones in u'r car ,, next to the breakers ,,, u really need to have the batts them selves load tested ,, off the rv ,,, it will then point us in a direction ,,, and also if re-read my last post ,, i mentioned how to see if the converter is putting out ,,,, :approve: :)
Btw ,, the fan usally only comes on when the tranformer starts to get warm ,,, it converts 120v ac to 12 volt dc ,, and it gets hot if u have alot of 12 volt stuff on at one time :approve:

Homer

Jetdog - I've had a challenge or 2 with our 1996 LTV that has always been resolved by the manufacturer. Why not give head office a call?

Leisure Travel Vans Ltd.
Toll Free: 877-288-8088
mail: general@leisurevans.com

Let us know how things turn out as we may need the fix one day too.

Joe

jetdog23

Joe,
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can find out. I'll let you know what they come up with. Thanks again!!!!

Dave