a/c

blantonfamily

woke up at 430 am and my a/c was running but nothing was coming out of the vents. hot as heck in there. anybody know what went bad?

DL Rupper

a/c

Hey road1969runner, sounds like your condenser coils or whatever they are called, froze up. Could be too much humidity and no sun to keep them thawed out. Turn it off, let it warm up and try again. It happens sometimes when the a/c runs continuously and does not shut off long enough to give the coils a chance to thaw out. Not being an a/c repairman, this is a wild axx guess. :bleh: ;) :clown:

ARCHER

a/c

Road1969runner,
Welcome to the forum. My A/C did that a couple times while spending the winter in Florida. Froze up. I turn the A/C and ran only the fan for about 30 minutes and then turned the A/C back on and all was "cool". This normally happens if you try to set the inside temp too cold and it conflicts with the outside temp running over the coils. Should not hurt anything, as loing as you let it melt and run the fan a little bit. Try it and let us know....... ;)

hertig

a/c

I had that problem too. I was told that the problem was from running the A/C fan on low. Have run it on high and no problems since.

Kirk

a/c

While those posts could be right, there are a lot of other possibilities. I would check that first, I hope that it is the right answer as it is the least problem to solve.

What you give isn't a lot to go on, if it should be that the freeze up isn't the issue. So try that first, then if it doesn't work give more information. Was the compressor running or had it stopped and only the fan was turning? If you shut the system down for a time, what happens when you attempt to restart it? Does everything sound normal? What is the voltage that your RV is grtting from shore power? It should be at least 108V for things to work properly.

Also, what make and model of air conditioner? How old is it? Do you have ducted air?

blantonfamily

a/c

guys,
thanks for all the suggestions. i cut the a/c off and ran just the fan. everything melted and its been cool ever since. i did have the a/c cranked WAY down that nite and it didnt ever cut off, then it froze up. learned that lesson. :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

a/c

My window unit in my home does that too! Every time we put it on low, it freezes. We turn it on fan only to melt it and then it works fine again. Sometimes you just have to use the KISS method of repair.